_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Armorama
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2003 - 10:39 PM UTC
I noticed that I got a habit to log on Armorama almost everyday or several times a day. Honestly, it turned to a part of my devoted modelling hobby,maybe more… at least 15-20 minutes of my daily life. I thought why?
- I improve my modelling, painting and weathering skills by the help of tips,hints,features, new techniques, comments or critics in the forum posts.
- I have the biggest reference library … to find satisfying answers to my questions or to find reference photos take max.24 hours in Armorama.
- I see the inside of every model kit before buying because there is always someone in Armorama who made or seen this kit before.
- I can go to every modelling contest,event or show,no problem wherever in world. For example; Jimbrae took all of us to Euromilitarie 2003.
- I improved my English and started to understand some Dutch reading forum posts.
- I persuaded my wife that I am not the only one and there are many other modelers all around the world having messy workbenchs.
…. and I got REAL GOOD FRIENDS. They made more than sharing the hobby, they also shared my sadness for our losses in the terroristic attacks.Thanks again.

Now I believe Armorama is more than a military modelling website for me and every modeler must see Armorama once at least. I really like to be a member of this group. To express my feelings and to draw more people's attention to Armorama; I add a little Armorama part on my modelling website banner and I will use it in 2004. For sure, it depends on Jim’s permission.

If Jim lets,this is a call for all to add Armorama symbols to their banners in the new year.

Best regards
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2003 - 10:45 PM UTC
I like the idea of adding (part of) the armorama logo to our personal logo's..... heck...I'm going to take a shot at it this afternoon.....
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 08:47 AM UTC
Engin,
Thanks. I am touched (nice feeling). Of course you can use the "target" icon in your banner. Very nice work on that too.

As we are approaching the 2 year anniversary of the site (Dec 16th) I am thinking about a few ways to celebrate it. One I am hoping to get done is a kickoff of a newsletter that will initially go out to all the members of the site. So if you'd like to get it make sure your email addresses are up-to-date!

Cheers,
Jim
kglack43
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 842 posts
Armorama: 607 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 09:29 AM UTC
Great idea...updated mine...

and just incase Maj. Rob's Motor Pool needs alittle prodding...hehehe

M113
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 411 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 10:26 AM UTC
Engin, Armorama is an addiction ! That's why :-)
Besides..i got the same addiction, too
zer0_co0l
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,432 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 11:27 AM UTC
just finished my banner... hope you guys like it and that it is in the same standards as the rest of armorama :-)
Jurgen
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
KitMaker: 651 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 09:59 AM UTC
Took the liberty of joining you guys...

Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 10:15 AM UTC
I'm done too....

I love your addition Jurgen !
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 10:58 AM UTC
Ok, Ok - I was going to wait till the Big A's birthday - but just can't wait any longer!!! Like a kid in a model store!!
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 12:06 PM UTC
Here is the logo from my website... :-)

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 12:13 PM UTC
Well, the wife suprised me yesterday wife a brand new computer and rocking 128 meg G Force video card. As soon as I find some photo editing software, I'm in. Don't ya just love early Christmas presents?

Shaun

PS Anyone play Splinter Cell on line?
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 07:03 PM UTC
congrats all. excellent banners
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 08:04 PM UTC
This site has been more than just a website, it's an obsession! Mind you, everytime I log into my computer, I check this site first. After 10-20 mins, I log back again. Even when I'm doing my kit, my computer is turned on Armorama!
Jurgen
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
KitMaker: 651 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 08:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This site has been more than just a website, it's an obsession! Mind you, everytime I log into my computer, I check this site first. After 10-20 mins, I log back again. Even when I'm doing my kit, my computer is turned on Armorama!

Hehehe me too! I'm even dissapointed when I return after half an hour and see that there haven't been any new posts...
#:-) #:-)
I'm sorry, this was way
 _GOTOTOP