_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
EE BRDM-1 ???
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 06:58 AM UTC
Hi Guys;

Any one have Info; on this old kit by Eastern Express.
I just picked one up at my local Hobby Shop, and a long time ago I Built the old Alanger kit which was o.k. but just a little bit over scale. I have built a number of EE kits before and found then too be a Hit or Miss build.

CHEERS And Merry X-Mas; MIKE.
zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 07:05 AM UTC
Pretty sure they are the same kit(?).
Many of those old eastern kits were released under many different labels.

Cheers,
/E
BootsDMS
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 965 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 07:17 AM UTC
Mike,

I found it to be pretty good; as with most models you can add as much or as little as you want. I added a towrope from solder, a SGM MG from an Italeri figure set, and populated it with a driver figure (Soviet Dragon I think) and a commander (converted from a Tamiya Jagdpanzer figure)- leaving one of the main hatches closed. Oh, and an antenna and that was about it. I recall it went together well enough. I didn't feel it really needed any etch.

Of course, as far as I'm aware it is the only game in town.

Brian
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 07:34 AM UTC
Hi Guys;

Erik; They are not the same kit, the Alanger kit was just a little bit Bigger in scale and the Tires were Way over scale. The kit was closer too 1/32 and the plastic was real thick. This kit has a Three (3) part lower Hull as the alanger was all one piece. Easter Express released two or three of the BRDM-1s, and the one that I picked up was too suppose too have had the PKM M.G. on the top, But it was not Included.

THANKS GUYS; MIKE.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 07:52 AM UTC
Hi Guys;

I MUST CORRECT MYSELF, The kit that I was referring too was the Arsenal kit and Not the Alanger kit.

Pardon this Unforgivable Mistake. MIKE.
Tank_builder
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 394 posts
Armorama: 351 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 08:15 AM UTC
Mike,
The EE is the same as the Arsenal kit.
-Seth
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 - 10:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mike,
The EE is the same as the Arsenal kit.
-Seth

Yup, same kit,

Andy
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 - 03:17 PM UTC
Hi Guys;

The kit that I have is Markedly Different, I am holding Both kits in my Hand at this Moment, now the Arsenal is quite old as I have had it in my collection for some time. I purchased this kit Way back while I was still on active duty in the USMC, and purchased this kit in the then East Germany if my memory serves me correctly. I started building this kit not long after I purchased it. The Plastic is molded in white and is real thick, and it appears too be one of there first models. The lower hull is all one part as is the top, there is a simple interior much like the EE kit but has less details. The most aspect of this kit is the way over sized tires, I scaled out this kit with a 1/35 scale ruler and its closer too 1/32, at the time my free time was very limited and I for some reason never finished the kit. I will post pictures of it as soon as I learn how.
CHEERS AND MERRY X-MAS TOO EVERYONE; MIKE.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 - 04:38 PM UTC
I just looked at my Arsenal (from Ukraine) kit.

It was their only kit and I bought it right after it was released. The box is copyright 1998, which was long after the GDR was disestablished.

The hull bottom is one piece but the sides are separate. The hull top is multiple pieces as well. The tires are the same size as those in the DML BRDM kits and the same size as the SP Designs replacements. It's in a light grey, almost white, but it's the same kit as this Eastern Express version:

http://www.hobby.dn.ua/reconnaissance-vehicle-brdm-p-3956.html?language=en

The only difference is that the sprues in the photo have each been clipped in half. I don't know if Zvezda did that or the photographer did. Mine also has more flash, if you can imagine.

KL
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 - 07:26 PM UTC
Hi;

Yes your Box Art is almost the same as the one that I purchased, except the BRDM on my kit was all Green with no Invasion Stripe and did not include the M.G. on the top. My kits tires tread pattern was wrong, and almost toy like.
Anyway I have purchased Miniarms BRDM-1 tire set for my EE kit.

CHEERS; MIKE.
 _GOTOTOP