_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Object 279 comparison
bramah4
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 120 posts
Armorama: 118 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 07:55 AM UTC
is there posted anywhere a comparison of all three kits of this unusual tank?
UGBEAR
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 06:20 PM UTC
From what I know, panda has poor experience to assemble.

Amusing model has poor accuracy of the "step side armor" and no transperent front light.

TAKOM so far is the winner, and you get a NBC soldier as well.
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 09:06 PM UTC
I sent a link with detail pics of the Takom kit to a guy that built the Panda and Amusing Hobby kits, asking which kit was the best to get and he said Amusing Hobby : best tracks, very good mouldings overall and can be bought at a good price. I must say the Takom looks impressive but it has some faults as well and is very expensive.

We need a PMMS comparison review of the three!

Cheers,

Christophe
ceerosvk
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 171 posts
Armorama: 170 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 09:11 PM UTC
I'm currently building Takom, it is a little more expensive than the other two kits but this is seriously one of the greatest kits quality-wise ive ever build. Such a beautiful details, life-like texture. This really could have been a dragon model hehe. Cant imagine Amusing and Panda could be any better, even though i have only great experience with Amusing Hobby.
And dont forget the kickass figure you get with takom kit
hugohuertas
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 1,013 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 01:59 AM UTC
I have the AH kit, and only got a sneak peak of it, but it looks great
Comparing it to the pics I've seen of the other kits, it has the best armor texture -for my taste, at least. I found the texture of the others overdone or plainly wrong-
I have to start buildingit to give a solid opinión, its just what I felt on a first glance.

And unlike the vast majority out there, I do not like the figure that comes with the Takom kit. The subject is great, but -again, from the pics I've seen- it seemed to be a figure "for tank modellers" -and I consider myself one of them-, this meaning it lacks the detail and overall quality of the latest figures sets released by the winners in this category (lets say Miniart and Dragon if we talk about plastic ones)

I agree, Christophe, we eagerly need a PMMS side by side comparison
 _GOTOTOP