_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Christmas gift Meng T-90
sgt1255
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - 09:52 AM UTC
My wife bought me the Meng T-90 for Christmas. I think she's a little ambition with this considering this well be my third build since getting back into modeling lol. It is a great looking kit that I know I will be cussing out many times lol. Now for some questions.

1-Does the T-90 have anti-skid and if so, where can I get pictures of it? I know modern tanks do but I cant find anything by googling it. Any help will be much appreciated.

2-I would like to do the tank/green/black camo on it. I have not done camo yet. I believe you start with the lightest color and work your way to the darkest. How do you mask off the different colors. It looks like the camo has hard edges. Do I spray the base tan then mask tan and spray the green? After that mask the tan and green to spray the black? What do you use to mask off the colors to get the sharp edges?
Panzer-Ole
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 155 posts
Armorama: 145 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - 10:15 AM UTC
Hi Ken

You are a lucky man with such a nice wife

For inspiration, see https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/212931&page=1

Good luck with build and please post pictures during your build.

Ole
gecon31
Visit this Community
Szczecin, Poland
KitMaker: 204 posts
Armorama: 204 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - 11:15 AM UTC
http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_47339.html

Take a look at that

Tomorrow I`m starting with my T-90 Meng Model
dvarettoni
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 763 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 03:52 PM UTC
Thanks for the props Ole hope to get back too working on it when I get home up north with tje family for the holidays
Dave
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 04:33 PM UTC
Hi Ken;

Your T-90 can be painted in many of the New Colors that are now starting too be shown often, now take note that many of these new camo,s are from the Zavods, and not Field or Operating colors that you would normally see.
Check your sources for references and pick out a vehicle that you can use on your kit, the Soviet Merdc is the most prevalent, and is the most common. The Parade vehicles are Striking in there colors, but are not normal. As far as which color too use first, I don't think it matters much.
Just first start with a Good Undercoat, and for Hard Edge just use a good Masking method.

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
sgt1255
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 06:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Ken;

Your T-90 can be painted in many of the New Colors that are now starting too be shown often, now take note that many of these new camo,s are from the Zavods, and not Field or Operating colors that you would normally see.
Check your sources for references and pick out a vehicle that you can use on your kit, the Soviet Merdc is the most prevalent, and is the most common. The Parade vehicles are Striking in there colors, but are not normal. As far as which color too use first, I don't think it matters much.
Just first start with a Good Undercoat, and for Hard Edge just use a good Masking method.

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.

Thanks for the information. I know the tan/green/black camo is a parade scheme. I just want a solid color because my M1 is a solid color and my Merkava will be a solid color. That is why I want to do a camo scheme. The problem I am having is finding figures that will go with the T-90 to show the commander and gunner half way out of the hatches like they are driving down the street for a simple diorama. Any help with finding the figures would be a great help.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 11:02 AM UTC
Hi Ken;

The Scheme that you described is not a Parade scheme, its the camouflage that is most often seen on there vehicles. There are quite a few Crew Figs out there, you mite try Squadron or one of the other guys in H.K. !

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
 _GOTOTOP