_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Modern Russian Colors
Blucop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 262 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 10:39 AM UTC
I tried to search for this, but does any have a quick reference on what the correct modern Russian armor colors are? I am more inclined to go with Tamiya Khaki Drab as a base color unless someone out there has a better idea.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 11:23 AM UTC
I saw that Mig Jimenez's new company has a modern Russian colors set,I did see it advertised on this ite.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 04:50 PM UTC
Hi Guys;
IMHO I don't think that there are Normal Colors these days, its hard too pick out a color. Other than the Soviet Merdc system, which was the most often seen there are a few new colors that are now being seen for the first time. Now all green vehicles are coming out in different shades from standard OD Green, too a more Forest Shade of green.

CHEERS; MIKE.
Blucop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 06:04 AM UTC
So many options so little time. I saw Mig has his own company now that he and AK had their acrimonious split. I guess now he reaps all the profits by going in this direction. In the mean time those of us who may want his products have to order from overseas and get jacked with the shipping, conversion rate et.al.

Which leads me on another rant......there is NOTHING you cannot do with Vallejo products that are readily available here in the USA and are the same formula (rumor be told). Also, you can find other shades or mix your own modulation colors...it's not rocket science. The "Modulation sets" are convenient yes..........but not difficult to do.

Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 08:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So many options so little time. I saw Mig has his own company now that he and AK had their acrimonious split. I guess now he reaps all the profits by going in this direction. In the mean time those of us who may want his products have to order from overseas and get jacked with the shipping, conversion rate et.al.

Which leads me on another rant......there is NOTHING you cannot do with Vallejo products that are readily available here in the USA and are the same formula (rumor be told). Also, you can find other shades or mix your own modulation colors...it's not rocket science. The "Modulation sets" are convenient yes..........but not difficult to do.

Very true,those products are not unique,they just make it easier for the less motivated or less talented modeler,like me
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 409 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 05:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quite agree; £13 p+p for a set of Modern Russian Colours...nae chance!!!!

Andy
juljon
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 73 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 05:47 AM UTC
Hi,

Modern Russian colours are available in a set by Ammo Mig acrylic paint.
If you search on the internet a company in the UK had 9 sets left price around £16.00 plus postage. I received my set this Friday. The set contains light green, dark green, black, light sand,and a grey colour.

Hope this helps.

Juljion [email protected]
jimmy25
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 07:52 AM UTC
were can I get the sets from in the uk thank you ,jimmy
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 12:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

were can I get the sets from in the uk thank you ,jimmy

Just ordered them from here:

http://www.scalemodelshop.co.uk/ammo-modern-russian-camo-colors-mig-7109.html

HTH
Andy
jimmy25
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 41 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 08:25 PM UTC
thank you .jimmy
Blucop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 - 01:38 AM UTC
Thanks Julian, but us Yanks will get "spanked" on the conversion rate and shipping from the UK. It does draw some hope that perhaps we'll see a distributor in the USA. I'd buy the Russian colors "once" just to play with them and compare to other readily available paints .....minus the name branding.

E.T.
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 - 11:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Julian, but us Yanks will get "spanked" on the conversion rate and shipping from the UK. It does draw some hope that perhaps we'll see a distributor in the USA. I'd buy the Russian colors "once" just to play with them and compare to other readily available paints .....minus the name branding.

E.T.

Works both ways, postage on stuff from USA to UK is horrendous then we get stuffed by import tax, vat and the iniquitous Post Office handling charge.

HTH
Andy
andymacrae
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 - 11:53 PM UTC
And literally as I was just posting the above a package came through letter box with the paint set. Excellent service from Scalemodelshop.

Andy
Grindcore
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 389 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 01:13 AM UTC

Check eBay. Just ordered the Modern Russian set for $27.00 shipped from Poland.
 _GOTOTOP