_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Best on line store for foliage supplies? Plu
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 05:40 AM UTC
anything else related to dios. Don't need figs or vuhicles.
J
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 11:05 AM UTC
No single source, IMO, mi amigo.

The last bunch of dio stuff that I ordered was from this place:

Last Cavalry::Diorama Accessories

This was a new source for me, but they really came through on my order. Contacted me direct to see if I wanted to substitute or cancel a couple of items that were out of stock and then rushed the order out to me. Excellent customer service.

I resupplied my Fredricus Rex (Green Line) grass clumps and also sourced the Pegusus Models cactus plants that I used on my Universal Carrier vignette.

But I've also order stuff from Military Miniatures Warehouse:

Military Miniatures Warehouse::Groundwork & Diorama Aids

Always have had good shopping experiences with them.

Of course, there's the od standby's: Walther's and Woodland Scenics. I order stuff from both of those from time to time. Walther's is good for Noch, Busch, and some other railroad accessory lines. Woodland Scenics is a good source for their products VFR direct.

I've been thinking about ordering from your buddy John Hoenig at the Scenic Factory next time I want some epic-sized evergreen trees.

Really, I just shop around a whole bunch of places depending on what I need. Heck, I even found a great whopping big bag of dirt cheap static grass at a Christmas ornament shop (intended for putting around those little ceramic collector village houses).

If you're looking for something specific, maybe I can point you to a source that I've used. Kinda depends on what you're looking for, tho.
jhoenig
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 343 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 12:03 PM UTC
For best all around selection based around diorama's I would say Military Miniature Warehouse.
- John
panzerconor
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,271 posts
Armorama: 1,253 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 01:27 PM UTC
I'll echo Mike on this subject, last cav is an all-around great site. I've used them more than once. As you know, that scenic factory place is pretty neat too... Personally I just shop from whichever site I happen to be looking at

Nomadwags
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 01:36 PM UTC
I like Scenic Express.
Scenery express.com
Good stuff!
Jedge3
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 258 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 01:50 PM UTC
I have ordered a lot of items from Dave at Last Calvary. He us a great guy and I have known him for several years. Very customer service focused. If he doesn't have something he will try to get it for you.

I have not used the other sites listed but they sound interesting.
jhoenig
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 343 posts
Armorama: 313 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 02:53 PM UTC
Thanks for the plug Conner but I don't have anything of that nature, as most of you know there really isn't anything out there that is truly realistic for use as a flocking for 1/35 scale deciduous trees outside of individual leaves.
(But I am working on it!)
I'll post some pics soon of an almost leafless deciduous tree I've been working on.
-John
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 07:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll post some pics soon of an almost leafless deciduous tree I've been working on.
-John

that ought to be interesting!!! Looking forward to it!!

Cheers

Romain

jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 10:28 AM UTC
I wanted to experiment today so spent a few hours with Kamizukuri laser cut paper and some of Johns' roots that he kindly sent. You can get some good results methinks.

I used one full sheet and will need almost another full sheet to finish the top but it looks pretty good or???

I am really intrigued by all the new goundwork and foliage stuff available now. Back in the day before I went over to airplane kits none of this was available,just lichen and ground foam.
J
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 11:41 AM UTC
I like Treemendus products and the new Juweela products look to show a lot of promise. If you look at the trees Anthony from Treemendus makes from his kits I think you will be very impressed.
 _GOTOTOP