_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
wire help needed
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 754 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 03:38 AM UTC
Hi all

I need help. I'm getting ready to detail a radio for a vehicle I'm building and I'm not sure what to use for the wire/cable. i need a thin gage wire that goes from the headset to the radio, and another one that goes from the radio to a battery. I would normaly use Radio shack wire but I'm out and snowed in at the moment Any ideas on what I can use would be of great help. Thanks in advance

Wolfsix
Can anyone tell me how I can add a quote to the bottom line of my posts thanks
jrnelson
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 719 posts
Armorama: 566 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 04:22 AM UTC
I use the wire that you find in co-axial TV cable. Just strip the wire and unravel the strands. You should have a lifetime supply with only a few feet of cable.

To add a sig, click on your "my account" link at the top of the page. Then choose the edit option. You should see a box where you can type in the quote that you want to appear.

HTH
Nelson
KiwiDave
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 07:13 AM UTC
If you dont have any insulated cable you can strip there is always the old stretched sprue solution. You should be able to get sprue really fine and it is sometimes easier to use than wire which tends to kink.

Regards Dave :-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 08:30 AM UTC
a third choice would be sewing thread. light weight and non rigid.and fairly thin and if you look hard enough, already the correct color
 _GOTOTOP