_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
120mm Matelot in progress
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 06:09 AM UTC
I seem to have about five projects going on at the same time,and all to be done by Xmas,so i will post some of them on this forum,and let you all have a pop.This one is by Imperial Galleries,120mm in resin,and the casting was bloody awfull,i had to spend a lot of time just cutting, sanding,and because it was full of air bubble holes,a lot of filling,and more sanding,the face as usual was done in oils,but the main colour of Navy blue posed a problem,blue is one of those colours in oils that tend to shine,and dark blue can be bad,so i painted the main uniform in Matt Humbrol black,and when that was cured,dry brushed in W&N Cobalt Blue,it came out a treat,will show the results in the next update,the one thing i am stuck on is the duffle bag,what was the correct colour,and in the Royal Navy was the ratings name stencilled on the bag,any info and critique,much obliged.
Arthur
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 714 posts
Armorama: 360 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 06:17 AM UTC
The bag might have been a yellowish-tan colour with the name stenciled in black or dark brown. You might want to add some weathering and "dirt" to the bottom of the bag to show where it was set down on the deck or ground.
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 06:27 AM UTC
Very nice work Arthur !

I love the expression on that dude's face....he really has a nasty look on it...like he thinks "hehehe..... I have the weekend off and you don't know what I'm gonna do tonight after I had a hot and steaming bath...."

I know what he will be doing....., but it will be big time to share it with you guys #:-)
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 06:41 AM UTC
Thanks for the info Mikey,i know what you mean Danny,its that "wait till I get there look"
Arthur
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 07:03 AM UTC
Again a really nice figure, this one has 'character' all over it, still wouldn't want to meet this one after he had a few beers....Jim
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 07:23 PM UTC
Nicely done as always, i wish i could paint figures that well !!
 _GOTOTOP