_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Wermacht marching part 3 ?
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,454 posts
Armorama: 330 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 06:21 AM UTC
I just can't remember if this is part 2 or three,senior moments?,or too much of the Red stuff?the tunic is just about there,and the trousers need a wee bit more work,i am tempted to use some of the decals supplied with this kit,but in the past i have thought this would be cheating a wee bit,what are your thoughts on this theme.
Arthur.
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 12:00 PM UTC
Absolutly awsome job ! I like very much the paint job, specialy the face.
What scale is this figure and what brand ? :-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 12:49 PM UTC
Great work again Arthur. This is getting boring...... I must learn some new english words of praise. I love your painting ... end of story.
I personally would add the decals. They´re there, they look really well, and how is it cheating when it is "out of the box"? There are actually some skills envolved to add decals properly. Tha last thing you would want is to see them silvering. LadyModellbuilder2 made a great job of her decals, and it does add so much to the figure. But I guess the ´better painter still may choose to paint the detail. Its really your decision.

CSCH: The figure is the latest 1/16 figure from Tamiya ...
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2003 - 07:14 PM UTC
Nice painting, nice shading , nice... all nice.. do something bad my friend for a change !!!
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 12:46 AM UTC
very nice painting as always.I could not see it well but if it is a newspaper on the MG,you added a very good detail congrats Arthur.
Arthur
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 08:48 AM UTC
My thanks for your comments,all,CSCH,the figure is Tamiya1/16,Plastic i think i will try the decals,and try and work them in by shading them into the uniform so they look painted in and not stuck on,Engin,its a piece of polka dot cloth,when i take some more pics it will show up,what i did notice looking at the pics is his right shoulder strap is undone,will fix.
Arthur
IDHUNTER
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 87 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 05:50 PM UTC
Leave the shoulder strap undone. It's the first thing I noticed in your picture and I thought it aded to the realism. Is the tool kit done? On practically every one I've seen, the glove thingy for changing barrels is in a lighter off-white, yellowish color. I'm not sure of the actual material used though. Then again it could be worn, burnt, and greasy. Help me understand.
Your highlighting is great and the face is one of the best ones I've seen in a long time!
Arthur
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 05:27 AM UTC
Hey IdHunter,i'm not sure either,anybody out there know.
Arthur
 _GOTOTOP