_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
LF: Info on the Rototrailer Fuel Pump...
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 06:09 AM UTC
Hi all,

I'm trying to close the loop on the last bits of information needed for my current project.

Specifically, I'm looking for details on the fuel transfer pump and the inside of its compartment at the upper rear of the Rototrailer (above the compartment for the Besa MG ammo stowage).

I have the stowage sketches for the trailer, and one of those shows the pump compartment open and identifies the hoses and pump handle, but the actual pump is not illustrated (being down inside the compartment).

I'm hoping that someone out there in Armorama land might have a photo or two of the inside of this compartment of the example at the museum at Bovington. Alternatively, maybe someone out there has additional official sketches or plans or perhaps technical data which identifies the pump model and its manufacturer.

I have already contacted Tecalemit, the original manufacturer of the Rototrailer, but they have no records going back that far.

Thanks again to Ken, Sean, Chris, and Henri-Pierre who helped me out already with photos and stowage diagrams.

TIA!
Removed by original poster on 01/04/14 - 19:38:59 (GMT).
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 07:47 AM UTC
Excuse the bump right back to the top, but the correct spelling should be: Rotatrailer (not Rototrailer). For some reason I can't edit my original post.

Mia culpa...
Keef1648
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,240 posts
Armorama: 1,192 posts
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 - 12:34 PM UTC
A project? And so early in 2014.... Oh yes, that means you have 11 months and 299 days left to get it done... Amazing (joking).

I look forward to seeing this one get started...

See ya Wednesday.

Keith.
SdAufKla
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 - 04:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A project? And so early in 2014.... Oh yes, that means you have 11 months and 299 days left to get it done... Amazing (joking).

I look forward to seeing this one get started...

See ya Wednesday.

Keith.

@ Keith: I hope to start on this by the beginning of March (maybe), so don't hold your breath for a December 2014 finish!

I actually have two other modeling projects to complete before then - A figure painted with WIP stills and video for a painting seminar at the Atlanta AMPS Regional next month (Arsenal35 "Commonwealth Bren Gunner"), and then I've got to build something for our intra-club group-build / modeling contest for March.

In the mean time... A little bump here with this thread.

@ Everyone else: I'm still looking for any Rota Trailer fuel pump information if anyone out there in Armorama Land can help.

It would be useful to know even something as basic as did the pump handle work up and down or side to side?

Cheers and Happy Modeling!
 _GOTOTOP