_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
New GREX TG3 - advice & pointers?
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 06:22 AM UTC
Greetings, All!

Santa finally got back around to my place with a new GREX TG3 air-brush!

While I tried it out at a demo booth at a show and loved it (hence Santa's delivery...), I fully admit to being naïve as to "best practices" and any nuances for getting best performance from it.

I would LOVE to see / "hear" any opinions, suggestions, etc.!

Thanks in advance!

Bob
tankglasgow
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 275 posts
Armorama: 260 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 01:06 PM UTC
Not familiar with your particular model of AB, but in my relatively short time with mine I've found it's all about variables, paint/thinner mix ratios, air pressure, distance from subject and basically experimenting till you learn methods that work for you but above all the mantra seems to be "keep it Clean". When it goes well it can be tremendous fun and very satisfying. Good luck it's a long journey but worth it.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 01:19 PM UTC
Review the CD that came with it, there's a lot of useful info there. I've had the same brush since September and really like it. As with any new product, practice to get used to the feel.
Clean it as recommended on the CD. You can download a PDF of the manual here. I've used it on a 1/48 B-17, several armor pieces, including 3 HMWWV's in the production and on at least one bust. YOu should be abel to get in really tight. I've used ModelMaster acryl and Enamel, Floquil enamel and Vallejo and AK acrylics. I waslucky enough to get the compressor, too , at a really great deal.
 _GOTOTOP