_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Early Armor
WWI and other early tanks and armored cars.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 Dragon Panzer 3 Build
Calgary351GT
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 - 04:00 AM UTC
I'm relatively new with tank models. I have built a 1/25 scale Tiger and a 1/25 Panther.

I just purchase my first 1/35 scaler. Its a Dragon Panzer iii, Ausf f.

I have a strange question. Are all 35th scales so small? It seems like a huge difference between 25th and 35th. Maybe the prebuilt kit is decieving, but it seems less than half the size of my other tanks. Mind you, I know the Panzer iii is considerably smaller than the other 2 tanks.

Thudius
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,194 posts
Armorama: 1,077 posts
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 - 06:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm relatively new with tank models. I have built a 1/25 scale Tiger and a 1/25 Panther.

I just purchase my first 1/35 scaler. Its a Dragon Panzer iii, Ausf f.

I have a strange question. Are all 35th scales so small? It seems like a huge difference between 25th and 35th. Maybe the prebuilt kit is decieving, but it seems less than half the size of my other tanks. Mind you, I know the Panzer iii is considerably smaller than the other 2 tanks.

A Pz III would be smaller than most other medium WWII tanks to begin with, never mind heavy tanks. 1/35th to 1/25th is actually quite a jump when you think about it, similarly for 1/35th to 1/48th.

Kimmo

PS After using my googl-fu I stumbled across this. A pretty good looking comparative chart. http://i.imgur.com/oZX1WNY.jpg
Calgary351GT
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 09:58 AM UTC
Thanks! I new the III would be small, just not THAT small. The detail in the kit looks unbelievable. I just hope its not too small for my abilties. Might have to go back to 1/25.
Thudius
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,194 posts
Armorama: 1,077 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 11:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks! I new the III would be small, just not THAT small. The detail in the kit looks unbelievable. I just hope its not too small for my abilties. Might have to go back to 1/25.

Could be worse, might have been a Pz I

Kimmo
 _GOTOTOP