_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Syrian MiniArm update for T72 used
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:48 PM UTC
There is so many updates for an updated Tamiya T-72 as a accurate Syrian T-72 from miniarm that I am not sure which kits from miniarm should I use.

I know the turret has to be redone an which one of the front end hull to use and I know I have to get the ERA Bricks for the kit but from there not sure which miniarm kits to get for the turret and hull etc.

I would appreciate any help would be very helpful so I don't mess up and make a unaccurate syrian T-72.

Happy Modeling
vahleof
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 189 posts
Armorama: 125 posts
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 - 04:22 PM UTC
For Syrian era mounted t-72, you can refer to this wonderful post
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/211537&page=1
For non era mounted Syrian t-72
Not sure about mini arm, but sp design 189 early A is the way to go for Syrian t-72 ural, or you can get the verlinden upper hull
As for turret, you really need a t-72 ural turret, which AFAIK, only NK patriot a made it a year ago, he's a member here maybe you can talk him into casting some for you
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 - 05:04 PM UTC
I still haven't given up on seeing a complete Syrian T-72 with ERA from Trumpeter - cross your fingers! Of course, I realize that not everyone will be able to wait for that.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2014 - 06:36 PM UTC
Hi Bill;

Just follow the Two (2) Build Blogs from late last year,
they were all about T-72s in Syria. Or look at U-tube on the Battles going on around Darriya.

CHEERS; MIKE.
zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 12:08 AM UTC
Miniarm confirmed in a FB post yesterday that the will release a AV conversion in February. As stated above, it would be a surprise if Trumpeter didn't release one sooner or later.

Cheers,
/E
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 10:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Miniarm confirmed in a FB post yesterday that the will release a AV conversion in February. As stated above, it would be a surprise if Trumpeter didn't release one sooner or later.

Cheers,
/E

So the Syrian army uses the T-72 A or AV an maybe the early B version. Would be a good accurate T-72 used in Syria. I'll get the sets from miniarm for those sets. An sprockets an tracks an era bricks.

Did any of them use the radiation layer on the turret of the T-72. With the era bricks.

Thanks
zapper
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 745 posts
Armorama: 734 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 11:03 AM UTC
This is from an old post I made in an earlier thread:

"IMHO, the easiest way to do a Syrian T-72 is to build a T-72M1 (the export version of T-72A). Use the Tamiya kit and the T-72A/M1 turret from either Miniarm or Blast.

Syria also use:
T-72 'Ural' (sterescopic rangefinder)
T-72AV (probably T-72M1 upgraded to 'AV standard')

T-72 'Ural'/M1/AV's with upgraded gunners sight and wind sensor, same as found on Czech T-72M4CZ tanks.
And finaly some with the above + commanders independent sight, same as found on Czech T-72M4CZ tanks."

This was writen before the Trumpeter 72 kit came out so some may perhaps advise to use that as a starting point for a conversion. Still, I think we'll soon see a T-72A from Trumpeter that will make a much better starting point (and as stated above, they may as well come out with a T-72AV kit).

No T-72B in Syria!

T-72AV is a T-72A with anti-radiation matting on turret AND ERA.

Miniarm have today an A turret for sale, as well as separate ERA bricks. What they have anounced is a AV set, that will (I assume) come with ERA bricks and all of the mounting points. Shoud be much less work if you'd ask me.

At this time, buying an A turret and separate ERA blocks to do an AV seem a bit of a waste, scratching all mounting points and so on?

Cheers,
/E
 _GOTOTOP