_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Question about a Crusader II...Italeri...1/35
raccoonrough
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 239 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 - 04:02 AM UTC
Hello,

I have in my stash Italeri's Crusader II kit #6385 1/35. I noticed that this kit does not come with the side skirts......or sand skirts??

Most of the pictures that I have found of Crusader II's in North Afrika seem to have these side skirts/sand skirts.

My questions are......

1. Did most of the Crusader II's have these side skirts/sand skirts?

2. Is there a place I can get the side skirts/sand skirts as an aftermarket add on?

I have Testors Crusader III kit in 1/35. It appears to have the side skirts, however I beleive they differ from the ones found on late Crusader I and Crusader II tanks.

I had planned on picking up a Crusader I kit in 1/35.....just have not done so yet. I would build that kit without the side skirts. But I think this Crusader II kit should have the side skirts??

I would like to build one of these crusaders for the ETO but if not I guess all three would be from the North Afrika Theater.

Thanks for any advice.

Spence
raccoonrough
Visit this Community
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 239 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 11:51 PM UTC
I am still looking for advice.....
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 - 12:48 AM UTC
Have a look on the Missing Links Allied forum.
Eduard makes a separate set of sandshields, but aparently it,s not quite correct. You could use the shields from the Mk III on the Mk II. You could then make the Mk III into a vehicle training in the UK. (Or scratchbuild/ copy the shields.)

Hope that helps.
 _GOTOTOP