_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
BIG American news.
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 - 11:23 AM UTC
Surprised that this haven't made it's way over from Aeroscale, but apperently a company called MRC or Merit is planing to do a 1/16 scale model of the M-ATV and the MaxxPro.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2804573205

Don't have any more info.
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 - 12:01 PM UTC
Hisham posted about it yesterday;
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/217087#1824392
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 - 12:22 PM UTC
I must be blind then, I both looked for news and searched and didn't find it...
jvazquez
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 857 posts
Armorama: 811 posts
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 - 12:26 PM UTC
It's getting almost too much....

AHHH Just kidding!!!! That's awesome!!!
BruceJ8365
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 441 posts
Armorama: 441 posts
Posted: Friday, January 10, 2014 - 02:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I was going to agree, but then I saw you were kidding. I've always been one to jump on the latest kits of the latest vehicles, but to me these are just Brinks trucks with a bunch of dodads on them. I know a lot of people must love this class of vehicle, and lots must be buying it otherwise they wouldn't be making it, but I just dont get the same butterflies in my stomach when I see them like I do an old XM1 or a starship M60A2... maybe I'm getting older and since I didn't get to play with these toys in the service they don't do much for me... I'm just jealous that so mny resources are focused on these and neglect my old 1980's erra equipment - but at least it's not lke the new Nazi tank craze of making variants, some of which never even existed because they are running out of ideas of the ones that did!
andromeda673
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 584 posts
Armorama: 525 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 02:01 PM UTC
I'm pretty excited about this release, I'd like to build one, right now Kinetic is really the only one that does the MRAP and that's in 1/35 scale.

I think it's great manufactures are doing stuff like this.
amoz02t
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 1,383 posts
Armorama: 1,281 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 02:24 PM UTC
This is nice that model companies are offering "modern" subjects. I just wonder why so large? I don't want to ride in it, I just want to better understand the equipment. Wish the effort was directed to more diverse modern items. Why can't we get an ATV 4-wheeler or updated TOW ITAS improved target acquisition system in 1/35 scale?
ubisuck
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 255 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 - 01:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hisham is quite incredible, in a nice way of course, in finding news.

When you think you have a great special news, you've got to check Hisham's last posts, you're probably a day late lol
jvazquez
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 857 posts
Armorama: 811 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 - 01:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I was going to agree, but then I saw you were kidding. I've always been one to jump on the latest kits of the latest vehicles, but to me these are just Brinks trucks with a bunch of dodads on them. I know a lot of people must love this class of vehicle, and lots must be buying it otherwise they wouldn't be making it, but I just dont get the same butterflies in my stomach when I see them like I do an old XM1 or a starship M60A2... maybe I'm getting older and since I didn't get to play with these toys in the service they don't do much for me... I'm just jealous that so mny resources are focused on these and neglect my old 1980's erra equipment - but at least it's not lke the new Nazi tank craze of making variants, some of which never even existed because they are running out of ideas of the ones that did!

Yea I'm sort of with you, and to be honest knowing that this one will cost so much to boot, I probably won't be buying one anyway.
 _GOTOTOP