_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Tamiya Wehrmacht Infantryman 90% done
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 411 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 03:29 AM UTC
Hi guys,

About 90% finished building and weathering the figure at a final stage and still have to do some touch-up later. Any comments are welcome.

More pictures will be posted at a later time.
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 04:02 AM UTC
WOW! Sushi, long time no see your work, and it's going great! I have nothing to offer, but very nice! VERY NICE!
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2003 - 04:25 AM UTC
Nice build, i do like Tamiyas 1:16 models.

I am a former MG-gunner in the Danish army, an is quite familiar with the MG42 (or m62 as it is know in the Danish Army in 7.62). Its a heavy piece of metal, about 12.5 kg. unloaded, so i think the position of the strap i physically impossible without dropping the weapon.

Also, the weight would make the carrier compensate and lean to the right to balance it. Beside that the strap should be depressed deeper ind the shoulder to illustrate the weight.

I think you ought to replace the strap with some leadfoil and redo his shoulder so the strap looks "sunken in"

Its a nice paintjob, og the face is very nice.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 12:29 AM UTC
i would personally 'dirty-up' his face a bit, at the moment he looks a bit too aryan... some five o' clock shadow for example... Also the cuff title... is he from GrossDeutchland? because if he isn't you have to reposition the eagle on his sleeve.. The hair, I assume that's the original moulding...perhaps a bit of rework there wouldn't come amiss...

Apart from that, nice workmanlike figure, the strap should be replaced, and perhaps some weathering on the boots wouldn't come amiss either. I like your fleshtones as well, the hair which is difficult to do is well-executed.....Nice. Jim
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 02:07 AM UTC
A previously mentioned, the strap should definitely be replaced. Also, the uniform seems quite shiny although that my just be the picture. It it is glossy though, you may want to apply flat varnish to it. Other than that, I like it. The color of the uniform and all shading and highlighting you did are very convincing..
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 02:27 AM UTC
Sushi

Very good work here. Your painting is very precise and crisply done across the uniform and gear.

What scale is this one, and also can you describe the paints you have used here, especially your technique on the face/hair?---very well done.

Also the base, --- did that come with the kit, or did you fabricate that?---the sprigs of tall grass are a nice little touch.

Nice to see some of your work again Steve---please make sure and post when this one is completed.

STeve
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
Armorama: 1,257 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 07:54 AM UTC
Sushi,
i love it very much the skin tones are very well done. One thing though, to me the uniform looks a little blue rather than grey (i don't know much about german uniforms so i could be wrong)
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 411 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 10:23 PM UTC
Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments and I will try my best to alter the strap to make it look more natural. I think the light I used for taking the pics caused the sheen on the uniform. I will post more pics once I finished figure.

Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 11:59 PM UTC
I have to agree with the MG strap. It just doesn't look right. But the work on the face is sweet.
These are what i noticed just from a quick glance.
IDHUNTER
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
KitMaker: 87 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 06:02 PM UTC
Personally, I like the color of the uniform. One thing concerning that though, try to avoid painting the pants and the jacket the same color. It's rare that the two pieces would actually match each other. That would be influenced by a number of factors - age, supplier/manufacturer, etc.
A mild off-tone wash and highlights on the pants heading in the grey direction mentioned by andy007 could really change that perception fairly easily. At least it's something to think about on your next project. Very good work though! Are you planning on adding more grass & weeds to your base?
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Armorama: 2,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 07:07 PM UTC
Agreeing with all thats presaid , i d rather prefer a more worn out look for the guy since he is carrying a gun and obviously going into battle. The painting is nice of course and after a lil weathering the whole figure will more physical . Nice work buddy
 _GOTOTOP