_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
New Middle-Eastern modeling blog-site
frogman_13
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
Armorama: 81 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 02:20 AM UTC
Hi Guys,
A little self promotion...I have started a Blog-site focusing on the Arab-Israeli wars of the 20th century. I have started by posting articles of my build-ups but eventually it will develop into an information and Build log site. Here is the web address: http://edokunscalemodelingpage.blogspot.com/
Hope you will visit (it's a lot of work and I'd be disappointed if no one came to my party...).
Ed Okun/ Frogman-13
vettejack
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,277 posts
Armorama: 1,254 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 02:44 AM UTC
Very cool...already added your site as a 'favorite'. I model the Middle East quite a bit. Even working on a few pieces at the same time...most of which are re-do's of old kits I've built in the past and scream to be upgraded...i.e., Afghan T34 ARV (1980's to 1990's), Syrian 122mm SPG (1973-1976), Egyptian SU-100 (1967-1973), Egyptian 122mm SPG and Egyptian D-30 100mm SPG (1972 - ??)...and I might even re-tweek the Jordanian M-47 (1967 - ??). Looks like you got yourself good reference photos on the site as well! Kudos!

On the real life side of things...I traveled the Middle East extensively during my 22 year military career, from 1974 through 1996, and got to witness a few of the vehicles up close in those travels. Even carried a few back to the States and other 'interested parties around Europe' after the vehicles were gathered up for intel purposes. A few of those vehicles I have modelled after actually being in touch with them. I constantly find myself modeling Middle East subjects one after the other, or re-building the ones I have, as technology progresses in the hobby. Its the bastardization of the vehicles after its' WW2 use that is the most attractive about Middle East wars, as well as the camo schemes, and the individual markings...all drawing me in to model the wars of that area. I think I have every decal sheet known to man on Middle East vehicles as well.

I will also tinker around a bit with the Soviet armor of other areas in of the glode that utilize the Soviet WW2 vehicles with somewhat modern conversions (Bosnia and lower Balkins, parts of Africa, South America, etc). I even have a few photos of a Cuban T-34 122mm conversion screaming to be built. Another words, I like the oddball armor that no one wants to build or has a kit for when it comes to Soviet stuff (T34, T55 based chassis).
frogman_13
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 84 posts
Armorama: 81 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 07:30 AM UTC
Hi John,
Thanks for visiting and comments on my blogsite. I am really new at this but wanted to do something like it for a long time. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'll continue to update with new posts as fast as I can photograph my past projects. By the way, I'm also in Florida. Land of warmth and sunshine.:-)
Best regards,
ED
 _GOTOTOP