Hosted by Darren Baker
German Pre-WWII 6x4 Wheel Commonality?
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 02:37 PM UTC
To date, the only one of the iCM/Revell Germany early German 6x4 trucks to have had aftermarket wheels produced is the Henschel 33 D1 (from Panzer Art).

Does anybody know how well these fit on the other trucks they've released with the similar 6-spoke wheels? I know that the Krupp L3H163 includes the same sprues for the wheels as the Henschel kit but while the same front wheels, rear tires and outer rear wheels are used in both kits, the inner wheel parts are different. While I'm assuming that something advanced like a circle of plastic card with a hole in it could correct any difference in axle length, keeping things accurate would be nice. Has anybody used the Henschel aftermarket wheels on the Krupp? Do the different inner rear wheels pose a problem? If so, does anybody know of aftermarket wheels for the L3H163?

For that matter, is ICM's approach accurate? Were the wheels really that similar? If so, I guess Panzer Art could make things accurate for the other trucks just by producing new inner rear wheel parts.

Al

PS Sorta related question - does anybody do an aftermarket interior for either of the Kfz. 72 versions of these kits? When the kits were first released I remember seeing reviews stating "we're sure the aftermarket will fill in that big empty box" but I don't recall ever seeing any.
 _GOTOTOP