_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
"In the Name of........"
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 - 06:50 AM UTC
Been a while since I've been able to finish a scene. Hope you like it.

jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 - 09:28 AM UTC
Great little vignette. Very outspoken in its' simplicity.
J
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 - 06:57 PM UTC
Hi Rick,

The Beast tower thing (for lack of other words) and so is great, I like it a lot. Nice details and good idea.

I am not a fan of the floor layout. It is very special and you probably made you mind up in regards to it.

I am not one who does not like things standing outside the base, that's not the problem.
There is something I do not like to much in the complete absence of details in the front part of the base.

As is said, it's a minor concern, overall it's very interesting.

Greets

Claude
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,870 posts
Armorama: 1,458 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 03:18 AM UTC
Many thanks for the kind words and comments! There are reasons it is composed the way it is, Claude. The open space of the floor plan lies directly in front of the focal point, the alter. The Christian defenders of the city are trying to repel the Islamic warriors after a breech in a wall occurs(Jerusalem?). Most everything in the scene leads to this point.(even empty space ). The column(kiosk?) is inspired by photos of ruins and currently used old world city sections where it appears solitary structures much like this appear in plazas and squares. Maybe used for vendors/merchants, and now an alter for the invaders to pray at. Was going to add a vase of Calla lilies to the left of the alter and a canopied cage full of song birds hanging in the backside but I thought it was time for finish. Might still do this. The figures suggest the theme is the same today as then.
Cheers!
Rick
 _GOTOTOP