_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
PHOTOS
Krupp Steyr Waffentrager
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 04:47 AM UTC
Robert Blokker shares with us some images of his build of the Krupp Steyr Waffentrager from Trumpeter.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:21 AM UTC
Great looking build there Robert! So, was it easy or were there any spots to look out for after I get one?

Jeff
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:31 AM UTC
How is there possibly room in there for a crew, let alone handling 88mm rounds which were almost a metre long! Posing figures in there would be quite a problem.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 08:57 AM UTC
Ola Guys

@ Darren
Thanks for putting it online.

@ Jeff
I can't really fault this kit on anything build-wise. It falls together on it's own almost. Really a joy to built. There are a few things that are odd but that is mainly Trumpeters doing. One of the weirdest thing is that you get a driversstation which all the hatches can be opened of so you can look inside. But the Waffentrager also has hatches on the other side of the engine. Which if opened up give you a beautiful look at the topside of the Ammo storage that blocks pretty much all of the entrances at that side. I have puzzled a while where the storage would be stored otherwise but decided not to invest to much time in it and simply built a model. Also getting the gun into the turret is a bit of a fiddly business as you have to hold the gun in one hand and push the turret topside wide with 2 fingers. Other then that I can guarantee you you will enjoy this kit.

@ Biggles
Hehehe Well the Driver at least must have had the figure of a modern day supermodel otherwise there is no way he would fit into the driversstation. Left and right to the gun there is place for a standing figure. The Ammo storage has had me scratching my head a bit. I did not have much references on this prototype. And as I said in my reply to Jeff The ammo storage as it is now is in a logical place as it really is the only area in the vehicle where there is room for the container with the eleven shells but it conflicts with the known drawings and the hatches that are there. The way Trumpeter made this kit there is no way any figure could be in that area.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 09:00 AM UTC
On the subject of the figures by the way. This is the Duo that will be with the vehicle.
SS Late war Panzer crew
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:25 AM UTC
Hehehe...when there's no room inside, put them outside.
DazzaD
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 235 posts
Armorama: 232 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:57 AM UTC
Nice build mate great weathering finish.

Quoted Text

Hehehe Well the Driver at least must have had the figure of a modern day supermodel otherwise there is no way he would fit into the driversstation.

I am building the 12.8cm pak44 version and was thinking the exact same thing! The driver gets out has lunch and can't get back in!
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2014 - 02:07 AM UTC
@ Biggles
As we say here you go with what goes

@ Dazza
Yeah exactly. You can almost hear the commander say. Eat light boys. We have to drive the Waffentrager today.
pablo_g
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 529 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 02:53 AM UTC
You built it really great. I love the vehicles in a series of "what if ..." Cool look different colors of individual elements. Great weathering and finish.

Paweł
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 04:09 AM UTC
@ Paweł
Thanks a lot for the compliments really appreciated. At first I wanted it to be completely primerred as the instructions told me but other builders did the exact same thing So I decided to take a different interpretation of the real pics. And I am pretty happy with the result myself.
 _GOTOTOP