_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Pz.Kpfw.II Ausf. A
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 01:05 PM UTC
Todd Michalak gives us a review of Dragon Models’ Pz.Kpfw.II Ausf.A w/Interior Kit No. 6687

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 03:13 AM UTC
Glad to see no "unknown unit" in the paint schemes. Good review, Todd.
rolf
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 301 posts
Armorama: 250 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 06:01 AM UTC
Did Dragon fix the tracks to fit the 26 tooth sprocket? Nice looking kit.

Roy
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 06:22 AM UTC
Thanks Bill!! Nice to see the "unknown" missingmaking way for an additional configuration!

Hi Roy, the sprockets do have the correct 26 tooth layout and the tracks should fit without an issue. The kit is pretty decent! There are a ton of SMALL interior parts to deal with and of course the tracks I mentioned but with patience everything works out!
rolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 06:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Bill!! Nice to see the "unknown" missingmaking way for an additional configuration!

Hi Roy, the sprockets do have the correct 26 tooth layout and the tracks should fit without an issue. The kit is pretty decent! There are a ton of SMALL interior parts to deal with and of course the tracks I mentioned but with patience everything works out!

O.K., I ask because Dragon fixed the sprocket for their Bison II kit but didn't fix the tracks which were designed to fit the earlier inaccurate 25 tooth sprockets they had in their Panzer II Ausf F and Marder II kit. The result was the tracks didn't fit on the Bison II kit. I see in your review that the sprocket has the 26 teeth but I cant tell if the tracks have been fixed to fit or not. Thanks for the reply.

Roy
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 08:10 AM UTC
Hi Roy,

If I look back to the past Ausf. B review from Bill Plunk, the "B" consisted of the sproket repair with the correct links. The links in this kit certainly appears to be the right Pz. II tracks (there was only the two unmarked bags of track links)knowing that DML had largly based this kit on the "B" I would think this to be a corrected issue.
rolf
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 05:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Roy,

If I look back to the past Ausf. B review from Bill Plunk, the "B" consisted of the sproket repair with the correct links. The links in this kit certainly appears to be the right Pz. II tracks (there was only the two unmarked bags of track links)knowing that DML had largly based this kit on the "B" I would think this to be a corrected issue.

Great. I forgot about the B kit. It's good to hear they fixed that issue.

Roy
andyspencer4077
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:49 AM UTC
I know this topic is a little old but I was wondering if there was a way to make this kit into the ausf.b or ausf.c version given that it is a mishap mash of several kits? Are there any visual differences between them? I have done my research but struggled given that only 75 a's were ever made.
 _GOTOTOP