_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Verlinden M26 Pershing engine set.
tybugg
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 79 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 03:03 PM UTC
I have got a Tamiya M26 Pershing kit, which I am thinking of adding a Verlinden engine set to. I would also like to depict the tank with its moveable suspension on a base. My question is for anyone who has used the Verlinden set. Can I use the Verlinden set without having to remove the screw recepticles in the lower hull that are needed to hold the springs in place which make the suspension moveable? Also, how does the Verlinden set fit? I used their Panzer III engine compartment set and it didn't fit very well.
Railspltr
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 96 posts
Armorama: 62 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 12:36 AM UTC
Why don't you find a cheap Hobby Boss M-26? They already have a full engine of sorts (some scratch building necessary) and you would have spare parts (especially small easily lost parts). I have seen some for $15-$20 on line.
tybugg
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 02:14 PM UTC
Well that is a possibility as far as the engine goes, but I still would like to have the movable suspension, and would like to know if putting an engine in the tank is going to affect that aspect. I don't know if the Hobby Boss kit has the movable suspension like the Tamiya kit. Thanks for the reply
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:08 PM UTC
I'd be tempted to graft the HB engine bay parts into the Tamiya hull, rather than buying resin - the HB kit can be found cheap enough with some effort. You'll have to do some fitting and modifying anyway, so making sure there's room for the Tamiya suspension while you're doing it shouldn't be a problem. And it'll be pretty dark down there underneath the engine once you build everything up, so any slight "fiddles" with accuracy of the floor will be hard to see...

Plus, it gives you a whole surplus HB tank to build as something else!
tybugg
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 01:11 PM UTC
Yeah, I think I'm starting to lean towards the Hobby Boss route. If I can find one cheap enough. It will be easier getting the HB plastic to fit rather than the Verlinden resin. Thanks.
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 10:30 AM UTC
Look for the Super Pershing Pilot kit as it has Indy tracklinks, you can use the Tamiya Turret on it fo a T26E3

Cheers
Al
tybugg
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 01:00 PM UTC
Thanks Al, for the useful info. I will keep that kit in mind.
 _GOTOTOP