Hosted by Darren Baker
Trumpeter Warrior MCV
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 12:24 AM UTC
It has been quite a while since I posted here. Life has been "interesting" over the last 9 months. More grandchildren including a grandson to introduce into modelling when he is older (conspiring with his dad on that score), my marriage imploding and a few other things.

But, I have re-discovered my modelling mojo and recently finished the Trumpeter Warrior MCV.

I used Modelmaster Acryl for the base coat colour and am most impressed with the paint. It is very durable, sprays well and brush paints well. I used Vallejo for detail painting.

MIG dark washes and pigments finished the build.

The only issues I had were the fact that both the side basket and turret basket are supposed to be mesh and have that detail on the outsides only. Some resin stowage and a lead foil tarp draws the eye away from that shortcoming.

I hope you like the finished build.

9504cheffy
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 129 posts
Armorama: 128 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 01:28 AM UTC
Nice work I have to say , love the weathering and the colour match is very good.
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 11:32 AM UTC
@sabredog – Michael,

It’s always a pleasure to view your latest work here no matter how long between postings that may be? Life has a way of presenting such diverse situations that do keep many of us away from modeling and sharing here on the forum(s). I too have been away for quite a while and although I do have my modeling mojo at heart I have a ways to go before I can return to modeling so I do enjoy viewing everyone’s work here, it keeps the juices flowing.

This is quite a well detailed kit and your painting skills have really brought out the wealth of that fine detail. It’s always good to see added on pieces, such as the tarps, as it conveys a lived in vehicle and an in action sense of realism that is often lost with just the vehicle alone. Again, great job on the weathering, base, stowage and to scale antennas.

Thank you for posting and sharing your work here.

~ Eddy
erhntly
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,426 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 09:38 AM UTC
Good finish Michael
weathering_one
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 458 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 02:04 PM UTC
Looking very good, Michael. I really like how you handled the mesh on the turret basket. You feel Modelmaster acryl brushes well! I find it sprays well out of,the bottle but brushing doesn't seem to work as well. Is there a secret?

Regards,
A.J.
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2014 - 10:15 PM UTC
Thanks everyone.

To answer AJB, I thin Acryl well with distilled water and apply it in thin multiple coats.

It is not as good to brush paint as Vallejo (not much is) but it does brush well. Certainly enough to allow touch ups and infill areas missed when using the airbrush.

Hope that assists.
 _GOTOTOP