_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Anyone tried a Italeri/AFV Club LVT kitbash?
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 02:07 AM UTC
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had tried this, or even just checked if this was a possibility.

I was thinking of "upgrading" an Italeri LVT-2 with an AFV CLUB early type LVT-4 I just bought cheap off eBay.

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers,

Christophe
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Armorama: 859 posts
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 04:08 AM UTC
I've built all five versions of the LVT [LVT-2, LVT-4, LVT(A)-1, LVT(A)-2, & LVT(A)-4] from the Italeri kits, but I'm not familiar with the AFV Club kit. It's interior parts for the driver's compartment might work in the Italeri kit, which has none. Depends on how the dimensions of the AFV Club kit compares to the Italeri one. AFV's weapons are probably better detailed than Italeri's, though they're not bad. Don't know if the AFV kit's tracks would be an improvement, or if they would need to be modified to fit. Al
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,191 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 05:40 AM UTC
The tracks, IF they fit, would be a huge improvement over the Italeri ones.
AmTrac1833
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 376 posts
Armorama: 311 posts
Posted: Friday, February 21, 2014 - 04:05 PM UTC
I've assembled several of the Italeri LVTs and have accumulated a healthy stash of Italeri and AFV Club LVTs for future builds and just from my perspective I wouldn't sacrifice the AFV Club kit for the lower quality Italeri offering.
There is plenty of available After Market resin and PE to bring the Italeri up to snuff. Either way I would recommend replacing the kit tracks with the separate AFV Club or Friulmodel sets. Although a far more tedious undertaking they are superior to the rubber bands that are included in the kits.
Should you want to back date the AFV Club to a unarmored cab LVT4 it should be an easy fit with the LVT2 cab only needing a little rework to blend it and scratch some new hatches.
Good luck with the build and be sure to share the progress.
 _GOTOTOP