_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
These figures would be kool.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 01:36 AM UTC
These figures would make an excellent diorama !!
What do ya all think???
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 01:57 AM UTC
I only wish they were reversed. Since my WWII armor is reserved for German vehicles, some Russians attaching a magnetic mine would be perfect. Very nice figure set and I agree that there is a lot of potential for a vignette.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 04:02 AM UTC
Ah, the good old days when Dragon made action poses! These are older figures but with some work, some Hornet heads, and some Genll equipment, they could be good.
Modelfreak04
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 54 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 04:27 AM UTC
Those figures are very good, namely from the anatomical point of view.
Onlt the soldier attaching the mine has some issues where the arms join the shoulders.
The magnectic mines lack underside detasl and the magnets have crude detal. Those are the only problems.

They build great from the box.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 11:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I only wish they were reversed. Since my WWII armor is reserved for German vehicles, some Russians attaching a magnetic mine would be perfect.

Did the Russians have/use magnetic mines? I read thats why Germany started using zimmerit, so this would not be an issue, but then stopped because it wasn´t the problem they thought it would be.
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 11:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I only wish they were reversed. Since my WWII armor is reserved for German vehicles, some Russians attaching a magnetic mine would be perfect.

Did the Russians have/use magnetic mines? I read thats why Germany started using zimmerit, so this would not be an issue, but then stopped because it wasn´t the problem they thought it would be.

The Germans made the most use of magnetic mines, which is how a number infantry won the anti-tank badge. The Russians actually tested captured, zimmerit-ed vehicles and concluded that it was to stop tanks from being set on fire. Then in mid/late 1944 a rumor started that zimmerit was actually catching fire, it wasn't but after that they stopped applying it (this took for days off of production time and something like 200kg in weight). Even more interesting is that if you look up the individual components of zimmerit, most are flammable.

David, I think you should have the guy planting the mine next to your T70.
nng-nng
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 380 posts
Armorama: 376 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 12:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

As far as I know the greatest danger of magnetic mines came from German mines, which ended up in the wrong hands...
But cutting the Zimmerit had various reasons, roumors were it was likely to catch fire (but the were proven wrong), main reason was that it delayed production someway about 2 days...

@Matt, no need to be dissapointed, there are pics out showing german troops praciting on German tanks
but anyway, why not trying something new? Just a little T34 in between wont hurt...

Edit: Havent seen the post before... seems like I drivted a bit away whily typing
sapper159
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 102 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 08:57 PM UTC
I'm not sure this really is a Dragon kit.... It hasn't got anyone pointing!!!!!
 _GOTOTOP