_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-72
spartan01
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 244 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 10:50 AM UTC
just got a Zvezda T-72 and I want to add ERA to it how hard will this be
DerGeist
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 735 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 01:37 PM UTC
Which model T-72? A? B? M?

Erik
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 02:43 PM UTC
Hi Frank;

What you have there is in essence the Old Dragon ( DML ) Molds from the 80s, now for what they were back in the 1980s they were the only Soviet Modern MBTs. There Molding was very Crude and the level of details compared too todays kits leave a lot too be desired, as well too there accuracy ! If you are not into the accuracy thing then have fun with it, now if you have the kit that does not have the ERA then you will have A Ton of Work ahead of you.
If you are dead set on building your kit, and money is not a issue there are After Market sets for the ERA. Now if you want a Better kit then you can start with the Trumpeter T-72 with ERA as its A Copy of the Tamiya kit, and has Better Details. And if you want too go all out then you can purchase one of Trumpeter's new T-72s.

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
spartan01
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 07:01 PM UTC
I got the aftermarket ERA but I don't see many issues with the kit can you give me some things I should look out for
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 04:25 PM UTC
Hi Frank;

IMHO I would just use it for A OOB Fun Build, or use it too Practice Build. In other words as a kit too practice your scratch building skills. As I have said, its A kit that has A lot of Issues. If you want too take your time and see how Accurate you can make it then JD Excellent How Too would be A Wise Choice too Follow. How much Details that you are willing too undertake is Up Too You, In Reality you could spend Many Hours in A Super Build trying too follow some of the details that you will see on Armorama, or Spend A Fortune on Detail Sets. In the End its up too you how far you are willing too go and how much money you are willing too spend.

GOOD LUCK; MIKE.
spartan01
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 06:53 PM UTC
thank you so much for your response it is going to be a what if tank a fun project to begin with but thank you for the heads up
 _GOTOTOP