_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Trumpeter BMP 3
mrgrumpy
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 - 08:30 AM UTC
Is anyone else working on a Trumpeter BMP 3? I can't see any reference in the instructions to periscopes for the inside of the commander's lid & I've looked at the sprues & can't see any parts. Does anyone know if there aren't any in the kit or am I having a Senior Moment & can give me part numbers, Thanks, Bill.
grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 - 02:56 PM UTC
Hi Bill;

Which BMP-3 kit do you have, as there are four (4) different versions. On the inside of the Commanders position there are a Total of five (5) periscopes, three face forward and two in the hatch itself. The hatch is small on the inside and is a tite fit too get the periscopes too fit. The BMP-3 that I have is the version with the ERA on the Turret & Hull, but I think the periscopes are the same for all the kits. Take A Deep Breath and Dive Head First Back into the Instructions and Take Another Look !!!!!!!
CHEERS; MIKE.
mrgrumpy
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 5 posts
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 - 05:02 PM UTC
Hi Mike. Thanks for your reply.
It's the rear & side facing periscopes of the commander's hatch lid & I still can't see any reference to these in the instructions.
However as you say that they are a tight fit I have now assumed that the parts are the same ones as all the other periscopes & there are enough parts to use these.
It's the uparmoured version I'm building & the first Trumpeter kit that I have built for a long time. Trumpeter really have come a long way since they first appeared on the market. It seems to be a very nice kit of an impressive looking vehicle.
Thanks again, Bill.
junglejim
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,728 posts
Armorama: 1,629 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 04:36 AM UTC
I'm going off of 00364 (BMP-3 early), the only interior periscope parts called for are A7 on the turret 'mini-cupola'. Everything else is molded on.

Jim
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 06:48 AM UTC
AFAIK they are exactly like the rest of the periscopes. I'm building one and have completed another. They are a tight fit. If you are willing to spend a few extra dollars, I recommend using the ones included in Voyager's etch.
 _GOTOTOP