_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M2HB Versus M2A1
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,362 posts
Armorama: 2,005 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 06:04 AM UTC
I looked up the M2 Browning .50 cal gun and know there is the new type with the crank-type quick-change barrel handle, but other than that detail, are there other differences between the guns? Live Resin, as far as I know, only makes the M2A1.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 06:37 AM UTC
The muzzle is different, and somewhat fragile. The ole threads on the barrel on now interrupting threads, very similar to those on the breech of a 155.

The rear sight assembly is now staked. To change the factory set timing, you must now "unstake" the assembly, as the timing wheel assembly is underneath the rear sight assembly in the receiver. (only 18B's and armorers are authorized to even attempt this, as there's no real reason to)
Brand new, the gun is a tad sluggish, but after several hundred rounds runs very well.

TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 946 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 09:31 AM UTC
I spent all my time with the old M2HB, it's nice to see they up graded the gun and fixed the 2 major issues, head space and timing only took 80 years. I also liked the M85 never really had a problem with it that didn't come from the ammo feed in the cupola.
The old Ma Duece keeps chugging along.

Tom

_GOTOTOP