_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Nuts & Bolts Vol 31 Marder II
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2014 - 10:34 PM UTC
Todd Michalak gives us a book review of the Nuts & Bolts Volume 31 - Marder II Panzerjager II fur 5.5 cm Pak 40/2 (Sd.Kfz.131).

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
miniflea
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 237 posts
Armorama: 235 posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 05:05 AM UTC
Question for anyone who buys these in the United States- where do you buy them from and for how much? These days I mostly buy from Amazon, but a quick search there only returns a few of the older books being sold used at prices significantly higher than the MSRP of $40. The publisher's website has a page listing vendors by country, but the only US entries are DragonUSA which doesn't seem to sell direct, and a website called RZM Imports, which I have no experience with, but who's website design does not inspire confidence.

Looks like a good series and I would like to maybe buy a few of them, but these days I'm not sure there's any excuse for not offering your product direct via Amazon.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 05:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Question for anyone who buys these in the United States- where do you buy them from and for how much? These days I mostly buy from Amazon, but a quick search there only returns a few of the older books being sold used at prices significantly higher than the MSRP of $40. The publisher's website has a page listing vendors by country, but the only US entries are DragonUSA which doesn't seem to sell direct, and a website called RZM Imports, which I have no experience with, but who's website design does not inspire confidence.

Looks like a good series and I would like to maybe buy a few of them, but these days I'm not sure there's any excuse for not offering your product direct via Amazon.

These actually are an exceptional series of books. "one stop shopping" on a particular subject so to speak.

As for US vendors, N&B only has the two you mentioned on the site...it may be possible Steven's internation may carry it. You can buy sirect from Nut & Bolts, however, I do not know how much the shipping would calculate out to. I have seen these books for sale at many shows from time to time.

Michigan Toy Soldier Co. has them but they run about $10 more before shipping same as RZM and ebay...Sprue Brothers too but running $55!! Probably due to the overseas shipping costs. Check the N&B site 1st to see how much the shipping is, I think you might make out.
Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 08:18 AM UTC
RZM imports is good to go. I have been ordering from them for years.
For me, it is the only place to get specialty WWII books.
I think they even have a 20% sale at the moment.
But I think it ends today. ( got an email this weekend, but I'm not at that machine)
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 09:06 AM UTC
Thanks Marc!! Great to know!! Adding that one to my list of friendlies!!!
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 12:58 PM UTC
Excellent review Todd (and Heiner agrees!)...thank you

+1 on RZM Imports, good place to order from. Lots of hard to find books/magazines and I get ModelKasten tracks there too.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 01:07 PM UTC
Thanks a bunch James! I would honestly say Heiner and the entire team at Nuts and Bolts should be proud of the product they bring to the modelling market...I was very impressed!
miniflea
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 237 posts
Armorama: 235 posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2014 - 02:30 PM UTC
Looks like an order from RZM might just be in my future.
 _GOTOTOP