_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
legends Magach 6B Gal Batash conversion
trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 667 posts
Armorama: 639 posts
Posted: Friday, March 07, 2014 - 10:50 AM UTC
has anyone worked with this http://www.www-legend.co.kr/01_afv01.html?table=product&st=view&page=9&id=339&limit=&keykind=&keyword=&bo_class=1&fpage=&spage= what I'm wondering is what's the clearance like for the turret underside rear and forward edge of the engine deck. academy's version of this tank has a prob with that, and I thought I might get the conversion. thx
Buckeye
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 106 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 12:12 AM UTC
I have Legend set LF1112, and there is no lower turret part included. So you mate the resin upper turret to whatever donor kit lower turret. If the donor kit doesn't have any problems you are good to go. I won't be using my Legend kit, so if you want to work out some kind of trade PM me.
Barthass
Visit this Community
Poznaz, Poland
KitMaker: 85 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 12:51 AM UTC
I'm currently working with this conversion. There is no problem in my kit with the space between turret and engine deck. In this kit the lower part of turret is included.
In my opinion this conversion is better detailed, than Academy kit, but requires a lot much work.
Now it's looking like that:

trakpin
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 667 posts
Armorama: 639 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 06:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have Legend set LF1112, and there is no lower turret part included. So you mate the resin upper turret to whatever donor kit lower turret. If the donor kit doesn't have any problems you are good to go. I won't be using my Legend kit, so if you want to work out some kind of trade PM me.

thx

yeah, I figured it wouldn't have a lower half, but what I'm referring to is the underside of the turret rear, but if it's as Barthass says and requires a lotta work then maybe I'll leave mine as is

Barthass that's gonna look sweet when it's done, especially if it had lifecolor's IDF green over top humbrol 84
Buckeye
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 106 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 02:10 AM UTC
Went through the Legend set and found the lower turret section packaged with the belly armor. There doesn't seem to be any clearance problem with the Academy hull. But I'm going to place a small spacer on the hull and use a Dremel to reshape the lower hull. Resin scares me too much !!
 _GOTOTOP