_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
FSA Syrian T-62 Defensive Position
mpkev31b
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 54 posts
Armorama: 51 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:52 AM UTC
Posted the armor Model the Trumpeter T62 ERA in soviet section , no one seemed to like it so here i added a base and a small diorama, don't have any "insurgent" figures maybe will get some down the road and add 1 or 2. tell me what y'all think? criticism always welcome

jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 01:27 PM UTC
That's a great looking T-62. Are you going to add any markings or other stuff? It's true that the aftermarket isn't exactly awash in Third World insurgents - you'll have to take the Master Box Iraqi Events set and adapt them with parts from other figures. There are a few Middle Eastern crew figures out there, and you might be able to adapt some modern Russians as well, though they usually seem to come with big fur collars and knee high boots that make it hard to use them as anything but Russians (I really hate that).
The T-62 is one of my favorite tanks and the Trumpeter kits are very nice. You might consider adding some ammo boxes or stowage to your tank, and some more debris strewn around the base.
Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 01:53 PM UTC
The tank itself looks great.
The base looks like it could use some loose dirt or vegetation or rocks.
Something about it seems off to me.
Okpik031
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 72 posts
Armorama: 62 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 03:32 PM UTC
I like both, The base is interesting not quite a hull down position so I don't know what could be added to it. Really I don't think you need to add anything even figures if they are fighting they will be hatches down anyway Don't want to be a target
spartan01
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 314 posts
Armorama: 244 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 06:38 PM UTC
Great tank Great detail
need to add some more detail to the base loose dirt and or shrubs it has a good start just a little more and you will have a winner
mpkev31b
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 - 04:06 AM UTC
thx for the reply's,

yeah id agree some more loose "rubble" would make it stand out more. just have to find some real dirt lol.
spoons
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 527 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 - 04:44 AM UTC
Kevin this is a interesting build.
i like the minimalist look of the base especially the outside of the earth works, it looks like its not been tidied up too much.
reminds me of the early builds 20 years ago before all the modern accessories turned up.I think this keeps the focus on the tank. Well done!
mpkev31b
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 - 05:51 AM UTC
thank you
 _GOTOTOP