_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
6pdr and ¼ Ton Truck
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 11:29 AM UTC
Darren Baker takes a look at the latest Jeep offering from Bronco Models which this time is towing a 6pdr.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 01:12 PM UTC
Great review. I really like the uniform patch decals.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 01:14 PM UTC
Thanks Darren,

I've been looking forward to the release of this one.

Al
Venko555
Visit this Community
Bulgaria
KitMaker: 908 posts
Armorama: 698 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 05:48 PM UTC
Darren, excellent review, thanks!
I like the approach of Bronco of including very nice figures, all necessary for diorama . I want this one!
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 08:01 PM UTC
First of all Darren, thanks for the Review, excellent.

What actually amazes me about this reléase, is just what you get for the money. The Jeep, a 6-pounder and half-a-dozen figures (plus weapons and equipment) for around 28 €uros - via one or other of the HK retailers. Now, in Europe, a single Bronco figure set can set you back as much as 12 €uros.....

Yes, it's extraordinary value....
Eberbach
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 54 posts
Armorama: 50 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 11:05 PM UTC
Now just Pray for an ambulance jeep....
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 11:08 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Now just Pray for an ambulance jeep....

That's bound to come as I have the conversion set to build this year sometime lol.

Cheers

Al
callmehobbes
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 740 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 05:38 AM UTC
Thanks for the review. I have the jeep with trailer and am impressed and a little intimidated by it. Does anyone know if Bronco plan on releasing any of the figures from their new airborne sets separately? They would be perfect to help populate a few dios I'm working on.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 07:22 AM UTC
I really hope Bronco does make some similar figure sets available as they have shown great ability with the recent figures included with their models. My only wish is that they would use images of the assembled and painted figures in the instruction booklets rather than the current artwork which does the figures no favours what so ever. I do believe that Bronco could very quickly take the crown where figures are concerned if they decided to go for it.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 10:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I really hope Bronco does make some similar figure sets available as they have shown great ability with the recent figures included with their models. My only wish is that they would use images of the assembled and painted figures in the instruction booklets rather than the current artwork which does the figures no favours what so ever. I do believe that Bronco could very quickly take the crown where figures are concerned if they decided to go for it.

I've also been impressed with their figures and the provision of crews with the guns and kits is a major plus.

Al
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 01:39 PM UTC
Well...good to see some more wooden stens in this lot, shame they didn't throw some more in the last two releases...instead of one !
simonking
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 09:06 PM UTC
The blue square/red quadrant tactical marking would have a letter/number superimposed. So for instance A1 represents Number 1 gun in A troop. In each A/L battery there were 3 troops using 6 pounders with 4 guns in each troop, so for example guns A1 to A4 would be identified.

In 1st A/L battery A,B,C & Z troops used 6 pounders (Z troop assigned to defend divisional troops so you might also see the black square/40 marking on Z troop vehicles)

In 2nd A/L battery E,G & H troops used 6 pounders

A similar methodology is likely to have been used for the other A/L batteries in the 6th Airborne Division

Don't forget that the Air Landing Batallions such as the South Staffs had anti-tank platoons using the 6 pounder as well. Spare decals from the jeep & trailer kit could be used for this - particularly as the Royal Artillery tactical marking would not have been used.

Additional wooden stocked sten guns are available in both the Riich and Master Box weapons sets.

HTH

sk
 _GOTOTOP