Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
Vehicles in Crimea (Russian/Ukrainian army)
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 12:30 AM UTC
Great pics, guys.. thanks!

I hope this whole conflict doesn't turn into any major military action, but if it does.. it must get confusing in certain situations when both sides use basically the same weaponry

Hisham
jvazquez
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 857 posts
Armorama: 811 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 12:45 AM UTC

Are these BMDs? I never realized but do their suspensions drop for transport?
seanmcandrews
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 561 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 01:25 AM UTC
As Karl said, yes BMD-2 and their suspension drops for air drop http://www.desant.com.ua/prsm.html

Sean
SHarjacek
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 977 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 06:49 PM UTC
More new pictures ;

Ukrainian BTR from training

Russian APC

Another image of Russian Pantsir

Russian BTR-82's

Last three are from Belbek airbase.

Kind regards, Sven.
SHarjacek
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 - 09:14 AM UTC
New images ;

Russian Tiger on the left and Ukrainian BMP on right

Kind regards, Sven.

jvazquez
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 857 posts
Armorama: 811 posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2014 - 01:12 PM UTC
Awesome pics again!!

Russia is reminding me of the US in the early 80s. Putin appears to be their Reagan, militarizing the nation back. Keeping any politics out of this of course ...other than to say once again great pictures!!
SHarjacek
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 04:33 AM UTC
Now with some tanks ;

Kind regards, Sven.
Modelfreak04
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 54 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 04:43 AM UTC
What tanks are those? They look like T-64!
Wierdy
Visit this Community
Ukraine / Україна
KitMaker: 570 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 04:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I hope this whole conflict doesn't turn into any major military action

We all hope for that !
walley54
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 108 posts
Armorama: 92 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 04:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I hope this whole conflict doesn't turn into any major military action

We all hope for that !

SLAVA YKPAIHA!!
WilliamDeCicco
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 373 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 05:25 AM UTC
Wooow very nice pictures thanks for all the reference photos from tanks to artillery an the modern Soviet soldiers.

Happy modeling
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 08:33 AM UTC
Nice pics. Ceep calm and dont panic, nothing will happen. Back to the pics, the 4th one, are those self defense forces? Did they capture the T-64? Any info? Pretty interesting.

Best regards,
Andreas
Modelfreak04
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 08:58 AM UTC
The guys near the tanks aren't self defense forces, but Russian Federation troops with the new Flora camouflage and Ratnik equipment.

The tanks seem to be brand new T-64BV tanks ... but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm this?

If they are, then seems there are Russian units still equiped with that tank that everyone was saying had been scrapped or placed in reserve.

And we are looking at a possible first time operational use of this tank (besides Moldova, two decades ago).

By the way, Ukrayne announced it will sell a disclosed (but can't remember) number of T-64BV to an undisclosed country.

If anyone has more on these subjects, I'm really interested.
Best regards,
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 09:24 AM UTC
André thanks for the Info. But then I suppose those are units along the boarder with ukraine but on the russian side and not on crimea, right? Very interesting to see russians using the T-64!

I second that, If anyone has more Info about the Units and locations, please Let us know.

Best regards,
Andreas
Modelfreak04
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 09:47 AM UTC
Hi, Andreeas!
I'm buying it as being Russian Federation troops deploying in the Krimean (based on the title of this topic).

If these are part of the Russian Federation deployment along the Ukraynian fronteers we can still call it an operational deployment, since the Russian troops deploying there aren't just doing regular manouvers (seems they have also brought huge stocks of food and medicines, which isn't so normal on a regular exercize).

These tanks seem to be new and have a new add on armour kit besides the reactive tiles and the new camouflage painting.
There was investment to make these tanks up to date.

grunt136mike
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,896 posts
Armorama: 1,858 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 10:36 AM UTC
Hi Everybody;

Another Option you could possibly consider, that they are Ukraine T-64 that are being incorporated into the Crimean Russian Federation. Or Liberated if you can Believe That.

CHEERS; MIKE.
Modelfreak04
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 10:52 AM UTC
That could be an option, but besides the ones loaded for transport, there are at least two pictures showing them on the move (aparently deploying)with Russian federation soldiers.
Besides that, the tank camouflage seems according to the Russian patterns and colours and not with the Ukrainian ones.
If I was given €100 to bet on these, I would bet 15 that the tanks are Russian, 5 that they are Ukrainian (and only after you have raisen that hypotesis) and would keep the rest for me.

Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 12:48 PM UTC
To the best of my knowledge, the Russians are NOT deploying T-64 to Crimea or Ukraine. They would be worried about blue-on-blue fratricide and they do not like anything Ukraine related in their forces right now (T-64 is a Kharkov design and built tank - Ukraine). My guess is that the pics are of captured equipment, or of Ukrainian forces. No way Moscow deploys T-64 there.
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 07:00 PM UTC
Thanks Jacques, sounds very plausible. But on the other hand, russia is always good for a surprise

I wish a company like ANT will make "Polite Man" and a aftermarket Company the Leer-2 EWF Equipment for the Tigr.

Best regards,
Andreas
spetsnazgru
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 661 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 07:03 PM UTC
according to englishrussia.com these are Ukranian troops leaving Crimea, here's the caption"More and more Ukrainian army forces are reportedly leaving the territory of Crimea. Here are a couple of photos. In the picture above, a Russian soldier is showing the way to the Ukrainian tank, which is going to be loaded onto the train (north of Crimea, March, 27)."
and heres the link
http://englishrussia.com/2014/03/27/ukrainian-soldiers-keep-leaving-crimea/
Modelfreak04
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 07:50 PM UTC
Lets bare in mind that we are seeing a lot of desinformation. The biggest "war" here is the informations war.

The soldiers driving the tank transports are Russian and not Ukranian.
They dress the new uniform of the Russian Federation and that uniform wasn't distributed to the so called self defense (those use older types).

If those tanks were being evacuated from the krimea and driven to Ukranian territory, it would be normal that they were driven by Ukranian soldiers, in uniforme or not.
Makes little sense that they would be taken to the fronteer by Russian soldiers and then taken over by Ukranian soldiers ... even more when Russian soldiers (officially self defense forces) have been "nationlizing" all Ukranian equipment they find.

But then we have the "cow picture". That tank is clearly deployed (with Russian soldiers)and, has far as we know, the Ukranians took a huge care not to provoque Russia and didn't deploy any hardware but, instead, kept it confined to their bases.

Truth is Russia often surprises us (remember the T-62's in Georgia in 2008?).
Assuming that the Russian troops that assumed control in Krimea were Russian navy black berets (from the 810º marine brigade?), maybe these are tanks that have been affected to that unit since always.

I really doubt that if the tanks were operational (and these have been updated to current standarts) Russians would just scraped them because they were Ukranian.

So my theory (and that is just a theory) is that these tanks were still in the Russian inventory and were assigned to the navy's black berets either long ago or recently, for this operation.

Na alternative theory is that to re-inforce the troops in the Krimea, Russia send tanks that were previously placed in cocoon, instead of newer and strategically importante models (it is obvious that no one is going to attack the Krimea, so you just need to have there the hardware for a symbolic statment of force).

I don't believe that those tanks are going out of the Krimea, but I would bet my money they are coming in.

In any case, these tanks have been upgraded (which means investment of money) not so long ago and can't have been placed in a store house for long without mantainance and now be deployed without a revision to their motors and batteries(more money!).

But all these are assumptions based on few and not so good pictures.

Best regards,

SHarjacek
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 08:15 PM UTC
Let me clear it up, from various sources I have read that these are Ukrainian tanks being loaded for transport into western Ukraine, the Russian soldiers are navigating the tanks onto the compositions. Here are more pictures of Russian tanks and vehicles (based on the plates, which are Russian military ones).

What I've noticed is that Russian tanks still have cover over the guns even after being deployed, but the Ukrainian ones don't have them covered even for transport.

Modelfreak04
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 08:29 PM UTC
Hey!
Thanks for the new pictures!

Third picture shows a tank with a symbol in the luna light. Is anyone able to identify this? Seems like an anchor symbol.

Notice that the so called Russian and Ukranian tanks are both ... T-64!

I don't believe that Russia would be confiscating all Ukrainian weapons and allow Ukranians to extract their tanks ... specially at a moment that Russia is creating pressure on the Ukranian fronteer ... allowing your target to get more weapons seems a bit contradictory.

In my opinion (didn't check the source of the news), these tanks are Russian tanks either coming in, or already in place and being deployed now.

If my assumption is right, we are looking at a major operational deployment of T-64's from a marine brigade.

Totally prepared to change my mind if new evidence arrives!

RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 09:31 PM UTC
Dose anyone know who the Russian troops were in the light coloured fatigues when the Ukrain Naval base was stormed (supporting the BTR 80's going in...).
Spetsnaz ?
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 09:54 PM UTC
Those T-64's are starting to confuse me haha.

Jason, as far as I know and If I remember correctly (discussion on militaryphotos.net?) those units were indeed Spetsnaz.

Best regards,
Andreas