_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Kirin's Iraqi T-72 markings
Ribble
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 78 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 11:30 AM UTC
Hi,

I don't know if I'm missing an instruction sheet from this kit but they include a lot of extra markings on the decal sheet but only include placement instructions for 7 decals. Does anyone know if the extra ones are optional markings or are they all supposed to be on this kit? Any help as to where to put these decals or even what they mean would be appreciated.

Thank You
JC Hayes
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 12:09 AM UTC
aaaaaah,
I thought I had this kit, but when I went in the closet to find the kit, and I opened the box...its the Kirin Yugoslav/Free Kuwait M-84 kit. Sorry!
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 01:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

its the Kirin Yugoslav/Free Kuwait M-84 kit.

Sorry to be off topic, but while we are at it, Anders what does that kit consists of?

Mario M.

drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 835 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 08:44 AM UTC
I may be able to help. I don't know where they go but I am planning on doing some Iraqi armor as soon as my skill gets a little better. I am going to make my own little desert storm museum (sp?). Anyway, I have been gathering as much info as I can from different magazines mostly and have some good pics of markings on Iraqi armor, a lot of it being the T-72. I don't have a scanner but my in-laws do so when they get back in town next week I will try and get some scanned for you.

Or I was just thinking, if you have a scanner you could scan the decals and I could let you know where they might go according to the pics. It might be nice to have them (the decal pictures) so I know which pictures to scan. I doubt my father in law will want to scan 30 pics and he doesn't like others to use his stuff so I can't do it myself.
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 12:49 PM UTC
Maki,
The kit is an old Dragon kit, I assume its a M-84(?) But it has a resin turret and some other resin parts to go along or to swap with the kit parts. The kit looks like one of their older ones (Dragon) as the detail aint so crisp and the tanker figure really sux. Hope this is of some help
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 07:26 PM UTC
This was one of those rarer kits that weren't out in great numbers. I remember wanting to get one after spending a few months maneuvering with the Kuwaiti Army. I learned that they did not like you to refer to the tanks as "T-72s", they were M-84s. Same with some of the oter Arab nations, do not refer to their tank as an M-60, you must call it an M-60A1 or M-60A3. Some sort of status symbol around there to have the next best variant.
Ribble
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 78 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2002 - 05:56 AM UTC
Rob,
Kirin actually has two kits. One is the -Yugoslav M-84(Kuwait)- and the other is the -Iraqi T-72M1 "Lion of Babylon"- I am assuming these are almost the same kits with different markings? I have the Iraqi version of the kit, it doesn't have a resin turret like Ander's M-84.

Drew,
I have a scan of the decal sheet, it is 150kb. Just let me know where to send it. Anybody else who wants the scan can also have it. I hope I'm not breaking any copyright laws:(

JC Hayes
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2002 - 07:04 AM UTC
Maybe it is the same kit, but with added resin turret to the m-84, my kit also comes with a plastic turret. Im not familiar with the middle eastern armor, specially old russian tanks
Weezul
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 151 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2002 - 07:57 AM UTC
I hate it when they do that... Just throw in some extra decals with no explanation.
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 835 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2002 - 08:07 AM UTC
I am sending you a personal message with my e-mail address so you can send it to me. I will check the photos I have and send you any that match up with the decals.
 _GOTOTOP