_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
Film on Tamiya paints
ron_harris
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 32 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 10:02 PM UTC
Hello again;
As I have indicated in previous posts I like to paint with a brush as much as possible. The other evening I was painting some road wheels with Tamiya 'NATO black' and discovered after a few minutes a film was developing over the surface of the paint. It was thick enough that you had to move it out of the way with the brush to get at the liquid paint below.
Question is, has anyone else experienced this and what, if anything, did you do to correct it?
Thanks in advance for your help.

ron

drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 835 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 02:51 PM UTC
I had this happen to me tonight. I think it was caused by the fan I had going to take care of the smell. I am new to tamiya paints (and love them) so I am not sure if it happens all the time. The thing I have started doing is pooring a little out that I am going to use and put the cap back on the main part. I also stired the film back in and it seemed to disolve back into normal paint.
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2002 - 04:19 AM UTC
Well, this evening I did my first paintjob after 15 yrs or so. I noticed the sam thing you're describing here. I also noticed that after a stroke of paint, the same film presented itself on the model. When doing a second stroke, the first stroke of paint came right off.

It really was a bad start of something I was so good at some years ago......times must have changed....
 _GOTOTOP