_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Plea for Help: Mack 6X6 info
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2002 - 10:49 PM UTC
I got this request for information about the Mack 6 X 6 truck (being used to haul a LongTom). If anyone can provide Mathew with the info about how the Mack towed the gun please let him know. - Thanks, Jim

****************************************************************************************

I am a modest modeller who just need some help from You. Probably You are my last hope.
Some time ago I bought a 1:35th scale Mack NO 6x6 7,5 ton heavy truck from ADV/Azimut Productions (actually it's a resin copy of this model). I am to display this model on an annual Silesian Modelling Competition this year.

As You may know Mack NO was the main towing vehicle (as the M4 High Speed Tractor) for the 155mm LongTom cannon so I decided to display them together.

And here the problem starts. The LongTom I purchased is an AFV CLUB model and contains M5 limber, but Macks somehow were towing the gun without it. They had even a special framework with chain hoist mounted at the rear to help raise and lower the gun trail arms.

In the assembly guide there is just a hint on this (and it looks incomplete). There is also no information on how to set all these chains on the rear hoist and how to catch the gun arms on them.

If You know something I don't know, PLEEEEASE help me!!! I have been searching through the internet trying to find something but everything I found is nothing (just one b&w and one color photo, both are "front-side" shots so the hoist and the whole towing strusture is not visible).

P.S.

One more thing. If You know something about the engine and steering system of the truck...

Best regards
Mathew from Poland

****************************************************************************************
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,248 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 02:35 AM UTC

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2002 - 03:41 AM UTC
Marcel,
Thanks - I sent you a PM with his email address.

Cheers,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP