Hosted by Darren Baker
Finally - Pionierpanzer 1 from PSM
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 12:53 AM UTC
http://www.perfect-scale.de/Komplett-Bausaetze/PiPz-1-mit-Inneneinrichtung.html?XTCsid=9b0gkfgh57l7vlakvtmcq58g15
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 12:56 AM UTC
That is a very impressive kit. Well done PSM!

Perhaps we will see a Badger/Dachs AEV in the future too.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 01:06 AM UTC
I agree, this is a very impressive looking model! PSM really does great stuff!

I wonder if any of the plastic manufacturers would ever do something like this in the more affordable styrene... MENG.. Takom? All it takes is a visionary executive taking a courageous decision

Hisham
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 01:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

PSM really does great stuff!

What Hisham said!
flugwuzzi
Visit this Community
Lower Austria, Austria
KitMaker: 633 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 02:54 AM UTC
very nice looking kit indeed.

Walter
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 04:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

All it takes is a visionary executive taking a courageous decision

I am sure you guys already know this but it also takes a great deal of work with finding detailed reference material, master making, time spent creating CAD drawings, money to create moulds, hopefully some Beta testing, and market analysis to determine if it will sell to the masses in order to make a profit.

Engineer vehicles and ARVs have not typically been favoured by injection moulded model producers with the exception of WWII German subjects and the odd U.S. subject.

With up and coming companies like Meng and Takom companies such as Tamiya and Revell-Germany that could have easily already produced multiple accurate Leopard variants are possibly missing great opportunities.

Right now 100% of the guts and glory goes to PSM!...and it is well earned.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 05:10 AM UTC
Of course, I know there's a lot more involved.. my statement was just the usual wishful thinking.. followed by a sigh

BUT.. three of four years ago, many people used to criticize my whishful thinking when I used to wish for 1/35 scale pickups.. civilian cars.. a Fennek.. A M1070.. DANA.. and the same argument of sales and all that was used back then.. but they were made!! That's why I always like to say - You never know

"If you wish for them (and some people buy the resin ones) they will come"

Hisham
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 05:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That is a very impressive kit. Well done PSM!

Perhaps we will see a Badger/Dachs AEV in the future too.

I agree, that would be sweet.

/Sven
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 07:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Of course, I know there's a lot more involved.. my statement was just the usual wishful thinking.. followed by a sigh

BUT.. three of four years ago, many people used to criticize my whishful thinking when I used to wish for 1/35 scale pickups.. civilian cars.. a Fennek.. A M1070.. DANA.. and the same argument of sales and all that was used back then.. but they were made!! That's why I always like to say - You never know

"If you wish for them (and some people buy the resin ones) they will come"

Hisham

So, take the bull by the horns and don't just make a wish. Take the time to gather reference material and propose a kit to a model producer. Convince them why a kit will be worth their effort and wallets to produce. Sitting back and wishing is nice but making it happen will give you a sense of accomplishment. Maybe by taking action you won't have to wait another five years.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 07:14 AM UTC
Actually, whenever I have been able to find a decent amount of material, I have sent it in to a couple of companies.. but I don't have access to the actual vehicles like some of you guys do... so, I just search the net, and if I find something "reasonable", I do send it in.. but I don't fool myself into thinking that the kind of research I send in will ever be taken seriously.. Got to be realistic at the end of the day

Hisham
rogerjo1
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
KitMaker: 950 posts
Armorama: 905 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 07:35 AM UTC
That is very good news.... It looks cool... Maybe next kit to buy
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 07:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Actually, whenever I have been able to find a decent amount of material, I have sent it in to a couple of companies.. but I don't have access to the actual vehicles like some of you guys do... so, I just search the net, and if I find something "reasonable", I do send it in.. but I don't fool myself into thinking that the kind of research I send in will ever be taken seriously.. Got to be realistic at the end of the day

Hisham

You have to have confidence. Not to divert this thread away from PSM's new kit but The New TMD is asking for ideas about Centurion kit parts...it does not get easier than this to get what you want...

http://www.track-link.com/forums/modelling_kits/15041
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 08:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hisham

I'm with you, Hisham, not all of us are sitting on a library of scale drawings and walkaround pics of the vehicles we would love to see kitted in plastic/resin.

If we can search the net, the manufacturers can also do so.

Obviously, PSM have managed to bring out some great engineering vehicle kits, which presumably means that the information on those particular vehicles is already accessible to manufacturers who dare to take that step in styrene.

Jason, no disrespect intended, but I do believe that even wishful thinking ("out loud" so the manufacturers see/read it) by enough people can often sway decisions on what to produce, so its not always about grabbing the bull and throwing it at the nanufacturers. :-)

PSM, well done on your releases, this one included!

Cheers,
Sven
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 08:40 AM UTC

I get your point Sven. For example, Meng simply asked for kit suggestions and the AMX-30B kit was produced. Hopefully that will be a trend continued in the future.

Hopefully with a combination of wishful thinkers and proactive doers we will continue to see great new kits.
young_sven
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 03:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I get your point Sven. For example, Meng simply asked for kit suggestions and the AMX-30B kit was produced. Hopefully that will be a trend continued in the future.

Hopefully with a combination of wishful thinkers and proactive doers we will continue to see great new kits.

Absolutely, Jason.

Win-win all around :-)
 _GOTOTOP