_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
A face painting video
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 06:39 PM UTC
Thought some of you guys might find this useful.. I did.. it shows the glazing method. I think it could be applied to 1/35 scale figures too

VIDEO

Hisham
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 - 07:00 PM UTC
This one is really good too.. you just need to have some patience if you're interested

Marion Ball's video

Hisham
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 12:18 AM UTC
Cheers Hisham. Always great to see how other modellers do this. Some very useful tips here.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 04:27 AM UTC
Never considered using greens and violets for shading. I've always used various browns and black.
Thudius
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,194 posts
Armorama: 1,077 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 05:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Never considered using greens and violets for shading. I've always used various browns and black.

If you have some time on your hands, use Google and look for hi-res portraits and study what the old school artists did, it will give you plenty of ideas and inspiration on expanding your palette and how colours interact with each other. Too often we paint things with 3-4 tints (base + black/white) and this leads to a monochromatic feel to everything. This approach may work well on vehicle bodies, but not on flesh, clothing and metallic objects. Don't be afraid to add touches of colour to your basic mix. Even a tiny amount can have a surprisingly noticeable effect. A quick read into colour theory wouldn't go amiss either. Here's the first one that pops up on Google http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-design/basic-color-theory

Kimmo
 _GOTOTOP