_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Dragon 1/35 Mortar Team
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 - 06:51 AM UTC
Ok, I got scammed, I think. I bought the Dragon 1/35 Mortar Team kit #6215. Notice the mortar in this picture...mainly the baseplate, which has a handle.

Well, it turns out that my kit does not contain that mortar but contains the mortar from this kit!!! Both are 8cm but the one I paid for is the one I want!!
kit #6373

Has anyone else been ripped off like this????

The mortar pieces I got come off a sprue named WG.
Here is a picture of the correct mortar sprew that goes with kit #6215 which is much bigger.

Here is the smaller incorrect sprue piece..this is a Gen2 sprue.This goes to kit #6373

SdAufKla
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,238 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 - 07:06 AM UTC
Return and contact DML with nasty note from an un-happy customer.

I'd also send a note to the retailer expressing how un-happy you are with the DML product.

You might get a lot of sympathy here, but not much satisfaction. If this is DML's fault for "false advertising" (box art does not match contents), then the only thing that will get their attention is $.M.O.N.E.Y.$

Un-happy customers who continue to spend their money with the same company don't get nothing changed for the better.

My $US0.02 which I'm not spending with DML at the moment...
Fenbeiduo
Visit this Community
Jiangsu, China / 简体
KitMaker: 103 posts
Armorama: 90 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2014 - 06:53 PM UTC
Thats the new tooled Granatwerfer42 which take old 34 tool's place
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2014 - 10:03 PM UTC
I'd also contact the retailer to ask to exchange the kit. And if that doesn't work for some reason, contact Dragon.

Heh, I got one similarly mispackaged Dragon kit too: US 29th Infantry Division (#6211) that came with two British weapon sprues from kit #6055.
Seems these things tend to happen, although quite rarely - I must have bought dozens of Dragon kits and that's the only one I've found packaged with wrong sprues.
easyco69
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,275 posts
Armorama: 2,233 posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 - 01:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'd also contact the retailer to ask to exchange the kit. And if that doesn't work for some reason, contact Dragon.

Heh, I got one similarly mispackaged Dragon kit too: US 29th Infantry Division (#6211) that came with two British weapon sprues from kit #6055.
Seems these things tend to happen, although quite rarely - I must have bought dozens of Dragon kits and that's the only one I've found packaged with wrong sprues.

Wow, that's crazy!
I forgot to mention that there were no instructions how to put that mortar together..so I had to fish on the net for them.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 - 02:23 AM UTC
Someone was asleep on Dragon's assembly line!
 _GOTOTOP