_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
REVIEW
Interior Weathering Set
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 - 11:05 AM UTC
Todd Michalak has a look at AK Interactive’s Interior Weathering Set.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 - 01:10 AM UTC
Wow Todd, awesome review. Thank you for taking this one on for me. After reading your review and looking at the pictures you were definitely the right person to send this set to!! Very nicely done and very informative. I am really impressed with the photographs.

I'll definitely have to keep you in mind for other projects!!

Thanks,
Randy
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 - 01:28 AM UTC
Hello Randy!

Thanks for the words of kindness and the opportunity. Some great tools for the bench and fun to play with. I am looking forward to playing around with the many options some of these products bring to game. It was my pleasure to help out my friend! Thanks!
Blackstoat
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 561 posts
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 - 11:00 PM UTC
Hi

nice review and nice work.

i can't help but think though how much this is actually an 'interior' weathering set? Looks to me like an assembly of products that look very familiar? I guess you earn you money, then you takes your choice. I'm still waiting for the AK Balkan Women's Auxiliary Land girls Filter set. Now THAT would be a 'must buy'.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2014 - 11:51 PM UTC
Thanks Andy!!

I am just waiting for the Women's Land Army to just show up! Here that is...to help in the yard!!

Thank you btw , for the kind words!

Well there are certainly more products on the market to work with, it would only make sense that things would be broken down into sets and offered for "select" usages. Armor being at the top of the evolutionary modeling food chain (my opinion) interiors would coincide with that for sure. Personally I I rarely use anything for the uses they were intended for: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/review/8651 Not pluggin AK here, even though it's there product I just reviewed but the link takes you to my review of AK's Naval Set here on the Big A. I did use it on a ship at one point...LOL!!!
maultier
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 55 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 05:09 AM UTC
interesting... I can do the same without that products! anyway the step by step is really welcome. (btw here you never can bought any of this products because dont exist)
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 05:19 AM UTC
Todd, you are turning into my favorite reviewer... great job on putting these paints to test. Well done, very informative and with great photos.

Mario
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 05:21 AM UTC
Hi Zeke!!

Thanks, I think the SBS's show better what a product can do. There is at least one company emerging from your neck of the woods soon my friend! Definitely needed where you are!~
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 05:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Todd, you are turning into my favorite reviewer... great job on putting these paints to test. Well done, very informative and with great photos.

Mario

Hello Mario!

Thanks a bunch!! Most appreciated! Now I just need to step up my figure painting and I will be all set!!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 06:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

interesting... I can do the same without that products! anyway the step by step is really welcome. (btw here you never can bought any of this products because dont exist)

The AK Interactive USA site may not be around anymore (since these were sent before the change), but the Naval items are still on the main AK site in Spain. I am not sure if the sets are still available direct from AK, but certainly there are likely many online or local stores that still have them in stock.

Cheers,
Jim
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 07:04 AM UTC
Thank you Jim!

Available through the Spain AK Interactive website at the moment; the Interior Weathering Set can be found direct: http://www.ak-interactive.com/Productos.aspx?CCat0=020100&CCat1=020110

There are a few smaller online vendors that carry AK as well as a few LHS that are still up and running.

You are correct there is no AK USA...at the moment. I would assume this will change soon enough.
chumpo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 749 posts
Armorama: 521 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 09:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi

nice review and nice work.

i can't help but think though how much this is actually an 'interior' weathering set? Looks to me like an assembly of products that look very familiar? I guess you earn you money, then you takes your choice. I'm still waiting for the AK Balkan Women's Auxiliary Land girls Filter set. Now THAT would be a 'must buy'.

Is the one with the blondes or the brunettes ?
 _GOTOTOP