_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Tracks for walker bulldog which ones
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 09:22 AM UTC
Top says it. Sabot ,Gunnie which ones want to go either Fruil or modelkasten if possible
Top I remember tops remember them they run the company the Co was only a figurehead.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 10:07 PM UTC
Well, for the M41 Walker Bull Dog, a new company (Armour Track Models) makes a set of the late rubber block tracks. I'm not aware of a Fruil or Model Kasten set, however.

If you're willing a wait a little while, AFV Club will be releasing their track set for the M41. I've got them pre-ordered from VLS Corp already.

Gunnie
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2002 - 08:04 PM UTC
Thanks Gunnie. And your site is my inspiration to build this great job their. I also heard that Tamiya OOP the Walker Bulldog
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2002 - 09:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Gunnie. And your site is my inspiration to build this great job their. I also heard that Tamiya OOP the Walker Bulldog

No, on the contrary, they just re-released it with the original motorization components, but gave it a $30+ price tag. It is still sitting on some shelves from the last reissue (non-motorized) at the $11 price level.

As far as tracks, it is said that the Bulldog tracks are similar in appearance to Bradley tracks. That being said, there is an OOP set of individual M2/3/LVTP7 tracks by Academy as well as individual track links that come with the DML MLRS/MARS (based on a Bradley chassis).
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2002 - 10:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ditto Sabot - the kit is back with motorization components. Saw one trundling across the table at Tamiya Con 2002 - pretty cool looking! You can almost see a guy in a rubber suit ready to come kick it over...

Gunnie
Sabot
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2002 - 11:46 PM UTC
I've still got my first Bulldog that came with the motorization gearbox. It ran in the sandbox in the back yard.
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 778 posts
Armorama: 396 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2002 - 11:54 PM UTC
Did I not hear that AFV Club was going to produce a new Bulldog kit?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 12:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Did I not hear that AFV Club was going to produce a new Bulldog kit?

Yes, last I heard was a July 2002 release. They have already released a separate Wheels & Suspension Set (#35045) from this kit - meant for retrofitting to Tamiya's Bull Dog. A separate Track Link set will be released too. Hobby Fan, concurrently, will release an expensive (surprise) Engine Set (HF015) for the M41/M42/M52 vehicles as well.

Gunnie
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 12:41 AM UTC
Cool! I have seen the wheel set, but I already did the Tamiya M-41, and was hoping for a new kit. I wonder if a new Duster is in the offing?
Here's my ugly duckling...

and another view:

and the gun mantlet detail:

GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 12:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cool! I have seen the wheel set, but I already did the Tamiya M-41, and was hoping for a new kit. I wonder if a new Duster is in the offing?

I wasn't able to see your links but I'd think the Duster is a good bet coming down the road from these guys...

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 12:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I wasn't able to see your links but I'd think the Duster is a good bet coming down the road from these guys...

Gunnie

Correction!

I right-clicked on the "little red X" and copied the url address from the Properties Window. Then I went and pasted the address into my browser window and hit Enter. The photo came up fine. Then I hit the Back Button on the Navigation Bar - and when I returned to the Forum Thread page - your photo was there! I did the same thing for the other two photos as well.

Didn't know I could do that...

Gunnie
Phantom
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 195 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 01:11 AM UTC
Happens a lot Gunnie. Sometimes websites won't allow you to link to their pictures, but you can go directly to the address. Once you open them separately like that, then they're in your temp file and will display as normal.
m60a3
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 01:32 AM UTC
ARGGHH!!!!
I'll see what I can do to post the images better.
Bluefalcon47
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 255 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 05:02 AM UTC
Funny that this topic turned up. Just mentioned in another thread on here that I was building an M41. I followed Sabot's advise and found the (OOP) Academy LVTP-7/Bradley indy link track set at my hobbyshop for good price. The tread blocks have a slightly different shape than the M41 tracks, but since I'm not too anal about these things, it should do.
I'm adding a few details here and there. I added some detail to the hull sides (which is missing on the kit), going to replace the grab handles on the hatches and the side of the turret with some wire and replacing those AWFUL jerrycans too. I will add some from an accessories set with masking tape straps and some wire buckles. Sound good? Stay tuned, I will take some pics soon. :-)
Sabot
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 06:57 AM UTC
Thank you David. It's good to see someone actually pays attention to me.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 - 11:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, for the M41 Walker Bull Dog, a new company (Armour Track Models) makes a set of the late rubber block tracks. I'm not aware of a Fruil or Model Kasten set, however.

If you're willing a wait a little while, AFV Club will be releasing their track set for the M41. I've got them pre-ordered from VLS Corp already.

Gunnie

As a followup to my first post - Skybow is also producing a new M41 Walker Bull Dog! Here's a couple of pics from Accurate Armor's website for you to look at:

Now this looks pretty darn nice...

Gunnie

_GOTOTOP