_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
diorama changed - what do you prefer ?
durruti16
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 04:38 AM UTC
Following some good comments received here, I changed the third member of the crew, but now I can't choose the final cut... What do you think works better ? The first 4 picutres or the following 3 ?

SiStorey
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 242 posts
Armorama: 161 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 05:30 AM UTC
defiantly the first four, the guy looks confused and seems to fit in better than the original guy who is staring into nothing really. I'd say go for the first set of 4 picture!!!
Love the dio though!!
Si
kowalski
Visit this Community
Baleares, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 58 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 07:32 AM UTC
I agree. The guy in the first four pictures has an expression that fits the scene whereas the other guy's expression does not belong so naturally to the drama developing around him. By the way, I like the way all the figures are painted. And of course the dio. Good job. Congratulations
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 08:50 AM UTC
Definatley the first.That figure looks a bit concerned and fatiged from battle while the second just looks confused.
Again,very nice paint job on everything.

Tom
spoons
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 527 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 08:57 AM UTC
I think the second guy would work if there was serious damage to the front of the vehicle as he looks to have bad concussion.
Super build and paint jobs on both vehicle and figure tho i do like the second guy.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 04:40 PM UTC
Hi Luca,

The first 4 for me. Excellent work BTW.

Al
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 2,888 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 04:53 PM UTC
Have to go with the option depicted in the first four photos. the sense of resignation seems to fit better with the troops passing by. In the latter photos, the GIB has a perfect 'deer in the headlights' look as thought he's watching an aircraft coming back around for another strafe while the crew scrambles to get out, but the infantry don't look like they are running for cover so it doesn't seem to fit. I will say the fact that you have been able to successfully convey an emotion of your choosing in both cases sets you in a class of modelers well above me.

Just one question, though: That's a pretty nasty wound the dude's got, but I didn't see any damage to the tank that gives an indication of how he got it. Of course it's possible he got caught in some moving parts, but it seems like there's an element missing that would complete the story for someone looking at your dio without additional clarification.

That said, it's awesome!

1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 08:58 PM UTC

Mmh, difficult for me to say...!

Painting skills are obviously the same, so that's not a criterium.

In the first variant I found a partner missing, but the anatomy was perfect (except for the hair maybe ).

In the second, the guy is not looking for someone who is not there but just for the right direction to take after leaving the tank, and I like the head a lot better....but there is something with his arm that does not fit 100%...!

So in the end, I'd say I like them both for their sheer superior quality!!

Let me add that I find it admirable that you modified the dio in the first place!!

Thank you for letting us participate in this superb work!!

Cheers

Romain
M4A3E8Easy8
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 302 posts
Armorama: 300 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 10:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just one question, though: That's a pretty nasty wound the dude's got, but I didn't see any damage to the tank that gives an indication of how he got it. Of course it's possible he got caught in some moving parts, but it seems like there's an element missing that would complete the story for someone looking at your dio without additional clarification.

That said, it's awesome!

I would go with the first set, much better flow. I do not need to repeat about the quality of the figure work.... wait I just did. Amazing work.

If you look at the other thread for this do you will see a nice hole in the right front of the hetz from, I would guess, an anti tank gun around the corner that the troops are now looking for.
Namabiiru
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 2,888 posts
Armorama: 1,920 posts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:23 PM UTC
Good catch...been awhile since I looked at the other thread so guess I missed that

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 12:59 AM UTC
I have to say I like the seconmd guy more. I think the dazed, dopey look works. The only thing is his hair is a little too neat and what would really set it off is some blood coming from his nose or forehead
Bink123
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 414 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 01:25 AM UTC
My vote is for the first four.

The third figure in the second set looks slightly comedic, and detracts slightly from the gravity of the composition.

This diorama, IMHO, transcends the world of model making and enters the realm of art.

Well done.
trahe
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,158 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 01:57 AM UTC
Definitely the first set for me.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 03:16 AM UTC
I agree with the general consensus. The first guy fits better. Both are spectacular though. And yes,a nice hole drilled into the Hetz is needed imho. In the front of the vehicle from the right side.
J
durruti16
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 133 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 12:20 AM UTC

Thanks for your valuable and nice comments... I am thinking to exchange the heads of the two figures, or even made a third one, I am still struggling with it.... But I will move to another project and will revert to this in the future...

As Easy8 pointed, the tank has an hole in the right front, shot by an anti tank gun around the corner that the troops are looking for. The hole has the diameter of a russian 76,2 gun.
M4A3E8Easy8
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 302 posts
Armorama: 300 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 11:43 PM UTC
And for the record I am sure that little of hetz did nothing at all to you and you went poking holes in it like that...meanie
 _GOTOTOP