_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Gun Jeep Armor Pattern
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 12:56 PM UTC
I just picked up the new Academy M-151 A2 with the hard top today from my local Hobby Town USA today. After I got home I opened the box to check out the contents and I found an added bonus in the kit.The hard top side panels and doors can be used as a pattern to make harden armor plates for a Gun Jeep conversion. I think before I build this little beauty I will use the pieces to make some master molds to cast these parts (without the windows) to have some better lookin armor panels.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 01:00 PM UTC
Howdy animal,

Do you mean that new 'arctic' version for the Mutt? The one with the wee trailer?

Tread.

Oh......hey, if you're in the mood to cast something...how about casting me up a couple of M54 cab conversions while you're at it??...... :-)
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 01:03 PM UTC
Yep thjats the one. I got it at a very good price too. Free. (:-)
m75
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 666 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 03:23 PM UTC
Free. Great, just great,,,, Not only good parts that have other parts potential, but the Animal scores the whole kit for free! It must be closer to Christmas than it appears!

I made the armor conversion using sheet plastic many years ago. Yours will probably come out similar to my finished product.

(i'm just jealous,,,)

Jim Peterson
animal
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 03:38 PM UTC
Actually Jim I got this and a few more things with a gift card that I got from Hobby Town as a prize for winning the Military division in the Fall Nationals. So It was free to me for haveing fun building models. I guess it can't any better then this. (:-)

I have made a few Gun Jeeps also in the past but I think with these parts I can make the armor look as good as the armor tha Gunnie uses on his Jeeps.
Armor135
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 04:11 PM UTC
Hey, Animal do you have a pic. of the box art on that jeep? I've been wanting to build a gun jeep for a while now and I might just have to pick this one up. BTW, Iam almost finished with the Hobby Fan conversion, i'll take some pics. and send em off to ya.

Mike
 _GOTOTOP