_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
In progress Pegaso Celtic Chieftain
uilebheist
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 69 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 01:52 PM UTC
Just got a cheap digital camera, thought I'd post something to get some feedback, I know the picture is not very good, still getting used to the camera.
Thoughts and comments appreciated.
Thanks #:-) #:-)

AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,250 posts
Armorama: 464 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 02:23 PM UTC
Hola!

Looking good so far, are you planning on painting any special pattern typical to the celts on this figure? Gotta love Pegaso's recent Celtic subjects. Keep us posted!
uilebheist
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 02:57 PM UTC
I might try my hand at some type of Celtic design. Any recommendations on how to achieve such fine lines like the ones on the photo of this figure?
http://www.pegasomodels.com/prodotti/big/54-132_1.jpg
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 04:31 PM UTC
Hola!

It depends on what medium you are painting with. For acrylics or Enamels you need to keep your paint very thing and build up the lines. If you paint it crooked or sloppy, just go back over with the base color and straighten things out. For oils, still use dlluted paint, just make sure the base is throughly dried out before or the base will lift unless you coated it with some sort of clear coat. With oils, if you paint it croockedly you can just take a brush with turpentine and wipe the paint away where you don't want it. Hope this makes sense
uilebheist
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 04:55 PM UTC
Thanks Anders, I mainly use acrylics, but I think I should have primed this figure with an enamel. #:-)
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 06:58 PM UTC
Hola!

I always use an acrylic primer, they seam to shrink a little and preserve the small details. I use a color called Equipment Gray by Color Place and can be bought at Wal Mart for like 99¢.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 01:01 AM UTC
I found I was able to paint a very strait line, which had given me headaches for years, by using an 18 (eighteen) 0 brush I found at an art store. I was getting a tube of oil at the same time so I don't know what it cost alone.
Another thought for the lines on the trousers would be decal strips. You can get sheets of mutli width stripes for SupeScale.
Your biggest challlenge will be keeping the stripes equally spaced.
 _GOTOTOP