_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Does anyone do styrene Knights in 1/32?
Beastmaster
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 592 posts
Armorama: 588 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 10:47 AM UTC
Or maybe 1/35th? The only 1/32 knights I can see are the Italeri Knights but they're in that awful polythene stuff as far as I can tell.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 03:30 PM UTC
The only plastic kits of Knights I've ever seen are all much bigger. I believe they were made by Aurora long time ago.
J
Beastmaster
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 04:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The only plastic kits of Knights I've ever seen are all much bigger. I believe they were made by Aurora long time ago.
J

Yes and not forgetting the Imai ones which were in 1/12th. I don't know why some company hasn't done smaller ones in styrene as painting that polythene's a nightmare. Awful cheap crap.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Armorama: 6,110 posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2014 - 04:01 AM UTC
Britain's make a range of plastic knights, etc. in 54mm, or 1/32 scale ( as well as other manufacturers). I just 'Googled' Britains plastic knights and the result was extensive. Detail is so-so to OK, but they need repainting.
Beastmaster
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2014 - 07:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Britain's make a range of plastic knights, etc. in 54mm, or 1/32 scale ( as well as other manufacturers). I just 'Googled' Britains plastic knights and the result was extensive. Detail is so-so to OK, but they need repainting.

I used to have a few of those but they're made of a soft bendy plastic not styrene. There's loads of styrene WW2 figures etc but model companies obviously think there isn't a market for styrene knights. could be an untapped market as I don't think anyone likes those polythene figures.
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 09:57 AM UTC
I notice some of the Italeri packaging has a label on the front that says "Suitable for gluing and painting" but they do appear to be moulded as one piece figures and horses and don't look too great.
Then again, have you seen this?
Beastmaster
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 10:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I notice some of the Italeri packaging has a label on the front that says "Suitable for gluing and painting" but they do appear to be moulded as one piece figures and horses and don't look too great.
Then again, have you seen this?

I wonder why they'd put that? As far as I know painting let alone gluing is a nightmare on polythene.
 _GOTOTOP