_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Technical manuels on CD
pascalbausset
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Armorama: 1,379 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 04:19 PM UTC
Hi
Can you say me something about CHQ Softwre who cell TM on CD ??

the adress is : http://chqsoftware.com/milvehicle.html
Thanks
Regards
pb
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 04:44 PM UTC
Hi,

I have also find this The Right Stuff.

GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 05:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The best thing you can do is download the Tm's yourself from the Logsa site.
http://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/find_etm.cfm

Getting it for free on this site sure beats the cost of ordering a CD.
Then again, the logsa website only works if you use a browser with minimum requirements (explorer 5.5 or netscape 4.05). Lower versions don't work.

I once ordered a TM CD from CHQ software (M35A2). The product is excellent. Not only the CD has a long list of (all?) TM's related to this vehicle, but the .pdf files are adapted so clicking on certain items automatically links you to other pages or other manuals on the CD.
I was quite happy with the product. Delivery was correct, and Price / quality relation is good.

Bonus idea : Once your family members get used to your receiving neutrally labeled CD's through the mail that were sent by obscure internet companies, you may get away with ordering other CD's through the net too ?
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 06:09 PM UTC
Hi,

I have download a few TM and FM from GENERAL DENNIS J. REIMER TRAINING AND DOCTRINE DIGITAL LIBRARY but, that server seems to be down.

Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 07:48 PM UTC
Actually, it will block access if that publication is not approved for public release or if you try to reach a restricted publication from a computer that does not have a .mil address. Many of the TMs are not approved for public release. I literally have hundreds of TMs on CD that we send back for recycling, many have never been opened. Most are for equipment that we no longer teach or have, others because a newer TM is out (apparently it is just as cheap to release a new TM CD as it is to release a TM with a change on CD).

If you want a vision of how many TM CDs I dispose of regularly, think of an average box of printer/copier paper (the ones with several reams in it). Then picture it full of unwrapped CDs (they just recycle the plastic).
pascalbausset
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 1,416 posts
Armorama: 1,379 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2002 - 09:41 PM UTC
Thanks to all.
CHQ Software are selling CD with TM on Het and Super Het (for example)and this TM are not for the public aera???
The Logsa site is blocked for this 2 references.
 _GOTOTOP