Hosted by Darren Baker
Aussie LRP 4x4 Landy?
Ultra_aussie
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 197 posts
Armorama: 145 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2014 - 11:32 PM UTC

Looking for a modern project and being Aussie what better to kick off with but a Landy from the 2000's

Ideas and the version i am keen to do.

Found an old thread here https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/178664&page=1 but the LRPV 6x6 would be a little too much kit bashing and cutting for my liking to start with, but I am keen to see if there is anything out there to build up a Aussie 4x4?

I know there are the Hobby Boss and AA kits, but are there any "Aussie" conversions out yet?

Thanks for any feedback and advice guys!
hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2014 - 11:44 PM UTC
mouse house maybe?

Paul
Ultra_aussie
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 12:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

mouse house maybe?

Paul

Not that I could see Paul http://www.mheaust.com.au/MHE/Catalogue.htm
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 02:45 AM UTC
Does it really matter? With all the gear in that first pic you can't see the vehicle under it. Any Hobbyboss Landy and lots and lots of gear!

Hope you find something suitable. A 6x6 Perentie in plastic would be nice...
jasmils
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,016 posts
Armorama: 745 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 04:00 AM UTC
There are no conversions at all. John (MH) and I have talked a length about it a few times. But that is as far as it got. Too much other work to be done.
Reference will be hard to get a hold off due to the SF aspect. Try Defense Images. That would be about the only place you will find anything on them.
Best way is to start with the Hobby Boss kit and back date it to the Australian SRV. Then remove half of those mods, and replace them with SASR/Cdo crew mods. Fill with any baggage that looks cool, and your done.

Cheers Jason
Ultra_aussie
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 11:44 AM UTC
[quote]Does it really matter? With all the gear in that first pic you can't see the vehicle under it. Any Hobbyboss Landy and lots and lots of gear!
[quote]

Well I would like to get it half right

Quoted Text

Hope you find something suitable. A 6x6 Perentie in plastic would be nice...

It would be very cool indeed!
Ultra_aussie
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 11:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

There are no conversions at all. John (MH) and I have talked a length about it a few times. But that is as far as it got. Too much other work to be done.
Reference will be hard to get a hold off due to the SF aspect. Try Defense Images. That would be about the only place you will find anything on them.
Best way is to start with the Hobby Boss kit and back date it to the Australian SRV. Then remove half of those mods, and replace them with SASR/Cdo crew mods. Fill with any baggage that looks cool, and your done.

Cheers Jason

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the feedback mate. I am sure you have a lifetime of projects already listed
I have found a good ammount of images from across the place but as you said being who they are normally for they are hard to find. There is also a lot of mods depending on when and who used them, and what year. But I guess thats part of the apeal of making one.

I would also like to build a 6x6 polaris to go with it. Only one type of quad in 1/35 as far as I can tell out there..and thats of a Grizzly.

Cheers,
Gav
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 11:04 PM UTC
Gavin you have PM!
Ultra_aussie
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 - 11:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gavin you have PM!

Thank you, and replied

Ultra_aussie
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 12:28 AM UTC
So I guess I am looking for 2 x Hobby Boss XD WMIK kits 82446 if anyone has one or two to clear out of their stash let me know. I am in Sydney.

And I am looking for the AA conversion and use from parts from that to get the one that I want.http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct.cfm?manufacturer=1&category=14&product=2256

Wheels - Need to find some that work..There is the mouse house wheels ( MA115 ) 1/35 Land Rover bar tread tyres (4 + spare) ) but no pic on the site so not sure if they are the go?

Kit:

I am looking at using the following:
Mousehouse

Blackdog

Figures - Still need to do some looking here. But I saw that arms corps models have a few coming out that might fit. Although the version of 4x4 I am looking at is pre-multicam so not too sure. Need to find some heads with caps and peltors and glasses maybe too.

Anyway that is the thinking so far...

Any other pointers would be great guys
It might end up being a Dio now
Ultra_aussie
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 01:45 AM UTC
Looking a little further I might need to do a mash of the two Hobby Boss kits...the Hobby Boss 1/35 Land Rover RSOV w/ Mk 19 Grenade Launcher and the XD.

aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 05:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gavin you have PM!

Thank you, and replied

Thank you Gavin for you interest! I hope you will like the kit! I will follow with interest your effort! Good luck!
Malvin
Visit this Community
Severocesky Kraj, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 111 posts
Armorama: 101 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 05:16 AM UTC
http://www.fast-webstore.com/www-vt-models-cz/eshop/9-1-AFV-35/0/5/62-Australian-equipment-acces-set
http://www.fast-webstore.com/www-vt-models-cz/eshop/9-1-AFV-35/0/5/51-Defender-Wolf-acces-set-with-crew
http://www.fast-webstore.com/www-vt-models-cz/eshop/11-1-Figury/6-2-1-35/5/332-US-team-RSOV-4-fig
MALVIN
ALBOWIE
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,605 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 21, 2014 - 11:49 AM UTC
Hi Gavin, great project to undertake and if you are looking for WMIK's in Sydney try Bobs at West Ryde as they have just had a restock.
Al
Ultra_aussie
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2014 - 02:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Gavin, great project to undertake and if you are looking for WMIK's in Sydney try Bobs at West Ryde as they have just had a restock.
Al

Thanks for the heads up Al.
barny
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 273 posts
Armorama: 272 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 09:02 AM UTC
Hello mate just picked this thread up I've a Lrp in the planning stage the wheels tyres where the hardest to sort so I've had them done via 3d printing
Terry
Ultra_aussie
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 07:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello mate just picked this thread up I've a Lrp in the planning stage the wheels tyres where the hardest to sort so I've had them done via 3d printing
Terry

G'day Terry, I was actually sent a link to your wheels today! Very cool. Keen to chat more PM sent. Cheers, Gav
 _GOTOTOP