_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
HobbyBoss's 1/35 SEAL DPV Status?
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2014 - 05:50 AM UTC
Does anyone know what the holdup is on the HobbyBoss 1/35 SEAL DPV? Has anyone ever seen any prototype photos of it in Asia?

It's ironic that it's taking so long considering someone scratchbuilt one on Armorama and that a public citizen gun fan even has one on Youtube.

Finally, does anyone know what the status is of the real SEAL DPV? I read that the SEALs took it out of storage and retrofitted them at Chenowth for Iraq and Afghanistan, used them there, encountered the same performance problems as in the 1991 Gulf War (no radiator means it overheats in the hot desert and the DPVs still have limited storage space), and then after that...I don't know...maybe the SEALs stuck them back into storage or sold them off.

Thanks in advance.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2014 - 06:33 AM UTC
I would forget about it if I were you.. and if one day it does get announced (for real), then it will be a pleasant surprise

I sent a link with an extensive walkaround of it to MENG, and I got their standard reply "Thank you for your good suggestion"... but you never know

Hisham
HermannB
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 4,099 posts
Armorama: 4,067 posts
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2014 - 07:22 AM UTC
Hi Peter,
it`s hard to tell what`s going on into modelmakers minds. I had several consultations with Chinese companies and provided materils for several projects. Maybe it`s the Chinese habit of "keeping someones face" that they won`t or can`t tell what they are planning. I pesonsal think that these companies still go for the main (selling) subjects (German WWII, Soviet/Russia and lately WWI for the obvious reason). On the other side, it`s strange that they are "wasting" resources in making a competition with other companies.
Just my 2 cents
H.-H.
 _GOTOTOP