_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Painting metal road wheels
blank
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 190 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 10:08 PM UTC
For tanks with metal road wheels, do you simply paint the wheels with the base color?
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 10:54 PM UTC
Just shoot a primer on first to be sure that the base coat has something with tooth.
Also make sure you wash real good especially White Metal ones to remove grease!!
that is all nothing really different!!
Well they do scratch easier! (:-) (:-)
Davhowell
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 268 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 11:06 PM UTC
I Think He means Plastic models that come with metal road wheels Not Real Metal just plastic that represents the metal version. Well Maybe thats what he means :S If So I dont know

Could you maybe rephrase the question with a little more detail on what you mean? If its A real metal peice I think SgtReef Gave you a pretty good answer Even though the only metal models ive painted were figures and I Just used a brush and didnt prime

If you mean plastic models or the steel wheel versions with the steel road wheels I think they were just painted like the rest of the tank with the base color around where the rubber would be. But prolly worn down to the metal color But someone else prolly has a better answer
M-60-A3
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 808 posts
Armorama: 479 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 12:24 AM UTC
Hi blank,
If you are reffering to plastic parts that represent metal, I asked a similar question a while ago. Maj. Rob gave a very good answer, in that he suggested to rub a pencil over the area that would contact the track, thus giving a metal look to the surface.
Regards,
Joe
blank
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 190 posts
Posted: Friday, December 26, 2003 - 01:40 AM UTC
Sorry guys #:-)

I mean road wheels like those on Tamiya's Panther Steel Wheel version - plastic that represents metal wheels on the real tanks. I'm betting on Davhowell's answer, but I want to be sure!
 _GOTOTOP