Help wanted
GaryMadgwick
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 01:35 AM UTC
Hi

I wonder if any member could help me with the following instruction sheets either as originals or photocopies?

1/35 Scale
Accurate Armour Stalwart
Saladin Armoured Car
Saracen APC
CET (Combat Engineering Tractor)
Bedford RL
Bedford MK
Ferret Scout car Mk.2
Sultan/Samaritan/Striker/Samson
Tamiya M113 FSV
Chieftain MBT
AFV Club M113 FSV/MRV (Scorpion Turret)
AC Models NZSAS Humvee
Showcase Models Bushmaster

Also looking for APMA Magazine articles on converting Australia Leopard MBT to Leopard AS.1 version and also the Australian 6x6 SAS Desert Patrol Land Rovers.

Does anyone have any 1/72 scale Quartermaster Depot Modern Decals for sale and I would also like to buy/borrow the book Stout Strong and Sturdy The Alvis Stalwart Story and the Canadian Armour Series No 2 M109 in Canadian Service book.

I would also like a figure sculpture to do some 1/72 scale modern figures especially in Afghanistan and Iraq and master model maker for help with the 1/72 scale kits.

I am also looking for good scale plans to borrow/purchase. These will be used for reference sources for the proposed 1/72 Scale range.

Thanks

Gary
E: [email protected]
T: 07580 450991
miniflea
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 237 posts
Armorama: 235 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 03:10 AM UTC
Try checking http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/plamo/

They generally have scans of instructions.
hofpig
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,330 posts
Armorama: 1,017 posts
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 - 03:41 AM UTC
Personally I'd start by emailing Accurate armour and asking them if they can email them. I hear they are usually accommodating.

Paul
GaryMadgwick
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2014 - 02:05 AM UTC
Paul, thanks tried them and not very helpful.

Regards

Gary
didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,846 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Monday, June 02, 2014 - 02:37 AM UTC
If your end goal is to copy their instructions/scale drawings and scale them down to 1/72 and reproduce them, then I can't really blame them for not being too accommodating. That is their hard work, and money that went in to producing them and why would anyone give up something for nothing? Especially when their is cost involved on their side. The better approach might be to either ask for licensing rights and or production rights to make these in 1/72 scale and offer them a backside deal that will compensate them for their troubles and work.

The other option is to contact the vehicle manufacturer(s) and ask for scale drawings and permission to reproduce these in scale. I know the saying is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, but I find that most people are more inclined to help someone that is honest and upfront rather than someone trying to make a buck off of someone else's hard work. Just my two cents. Cheers.
GaryMadgwick
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 12:46 AM UTC
I did offer to pay for these instruction sheets and they were just one of the bits of research to use in building up a picture of the subjects. What I has looking for on the Accurate Armour instructions were the assemble sequences and how they had tackled this. In 1/72 scale it would have to be much simplified but they would have been useful as a starting point. I also offered partnership with them so I was not looking for something for nothing.

Your comment about making a buck is well founded, but as I said, I did ask and was willing to pay or partnership as stated above. I would not have gone behind their back as I have had this done to be before.

I have tried Alvis for the Stalwart but no joy so far.

Regards
didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,846 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 01:39 AM UTC
Gary;
Being a small business owner I know how tough it is to survive, especially when there are people willing to take credit for your work, research or both. Not suggesting that you are trying to do this, but that many businesses see thing from this perspective only because they have been burned before.

It might be worth looking online for assembly instructions to help solve some of the engineering questions. The other suggestion is to find these kits on ebay and try to see how the pieces were developed and engineered so that you might find a solution to your questions. If you buy the kits and then resell them your cost input is going to be minimal and your questions might be more easily answered and resolved. Keep us posted on your progress.
 _GOTOTOP